jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Why wasnt my first hub not published?

1. Angela Mia Ayako profile image57
    Angela Mia Ayakoposted 4 years ago

Why wasnt my first hub not published?

2. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 4 years ago

Hi Angela,
    Welcome to HubPages. The title of your question already indicates that your mastery of the English language is very poor. That is probably the reason why your first hub was not published.

"Why wasnt my first hub not published?" contains 2 errors:
    1.) a double negative: "wasnt" and "not published".
    2.) wasnt is not a word in English. Either you say "was not", or the abbreviated version: "wasn't", with an apostrophe. Was not then becomes "wasn't". The apostrophe replaces the "o"" of the word "not" in "was not".
    I recommend you use the spell check feature and, if you can, get a native English person to proof-read your hub before re-submitting. If you like, email me a draft of your hub and I shall see if it can be fixed. You can email me by going to my profile, then click on "Send Sue Adams an email" on the right, under the blue line.
    Good luck, don't give up.

1. RTalloni profile image88
      RTalloniposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great reply!  Informative and helpful.

2. Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image59
      Mahfoudh Muhammedposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Got to agree.

3. Nigham AFZAL profile image74
      Nigham AFZALposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good one...

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image80
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

Follow what Sue says.  But when you write a hub it takes HP a few days to look at the hub before publishing it.  It is under "pending review"   If they don't publish a hub they will let you know of any issues.  For example if there are spelling mistakes they will unpublish it for being substandard.  Also if you have the same stuff written on another site they will not publish it because it is duplicate material.

4. cebutouristspot profile image75
    cebutouristspotposted 4 years ago

Aside from grammar (quality).  It could be that your content is not original.  Hubpages have a set of standard that ensure the community that work/hubs publish are original and not simply copy and paste from other site.

Good luck.

working