jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

About examples from life in a hub.

1. kerlund74 profile image79
    kerlund74posted 4 years ago

About examples from life in a hub.

I have studied the instructions about how to write a hub. No anecdotes are one suggestion. I can agree, but what about real life examples? I always thought that some concrete examples helped me to understand theories and ideas. Do you recommend it or not?

2. Bk42author profile image83
    Bk42authorposted 4 years ago

You can definitely include personal examples. I've written articles about a couple of subjects that included personal stories to go along with them.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I don't know why someone would suggest not using personal experiences or real life examples in hubs. I wouldn't overload a hub with anecdotes, but I use them quite frequently. As you said, using examples may help to clarify a theory or idea. For example, I wrote a hub about the causes, symptoms, and treatment of cerebral aneurisms. I could've simply stated the facts, but I also added a section about what my mother experienced. I think her story helped the readers better understand the medical facts I presented. I say use them as long as they add to or explain your topic.

4. jhamann profile image89
    jhamannposted 4 years ago

Personal anecdotes work wonders in keeping your readers attention.  I try to fit them in whenever possible.  No matter what the subject if you can build a human connection with personal experience you will get more readers.  Jamie

5. kerlund74 profile image79
    kerlund74posted 4 years ago

I can read in your answers that it is a good way to go:) I thought so too. I might have misunderstood:) I will continue to amplify my writing with examples to give a clearer picture. Thank you for answered my question!