jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do you take notes while reading other Hubs?

1. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Do you take notes while reading other Hubs?

When I'm reading Hubs written by others, I get so focused.  I don't want to forget to comment on something that I find interesting, so I take notes as I read the Hub.  When I get to the comment section, it helps me better prioritize what I want to say.

2. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 4 years ago

Good idea, especially for those times when I get interrupted in the middle of reading,..

3. grand old lady profile image85
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

No, but if the advice is good I put it on my pinterest account, so that I can refer to it when I need it.

4. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

Not really notes. Kinda' the same. I copy/paste segments with attributions into a folder on my PC labeled Hubber Hub Research. I usually open a Word document labeled with the year, month, and title  - quotes & stuff (2014-3 Quotes & Stuff). It stays in a numerical order that way.

I keep an Excel Spreadsheet with worksheets by the Group Names I use for hubs. I list them with a very short subject heading in the first column, date discovered to reference to the Word document, next column hubber name, then the current last updated date at the bottom right of the hub, and finally hub title. I can sort by subject that way. Then if I write on the subject of a hub group I can check. I can choose that hub or another if I wish to link as additional reading or as supportive information in a paragraph.

5. bravewarrior profile image89
    bravewarriorposted 4 years ago

That's a great idea, Crafty. I usually find myself scrolling back up to re-read or verify something I wanted to mention in my comment. Taking notes makes sense.

6. MsDora profile image93
    MsDoraposted 4 years ago

I have made jottings for the same reason, but that's not a regular habit for me.  Now, I think it should be.

7. Dee aka Nonna profile image80
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 4 years ago

Sometimes I do....depending on the subject matter.  If there is something I want to remember so that I can try it later....yes indeed.   Many of the hubs contain great tips.

8. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 3 years ago

No I do not take written notes but if I find it particularly interesting I follow it to make sure I come back to look over again. Reading so many it is not hard to forget but as people comment I get notices and I will not feel so rushed to get back thinking I may forget, this way.

9. randomcreative profile image92
    randomcreativeposted 3 years ago

I don't do this, but it's a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

10. DonnaCaprio profile image61
    DonnaCaprioposted 3 years ago

I don't take notes, but I do scroll back over the hub before commenting on it. It may save time to take notes to highlight the points I find interesting.  Thanks for the suggestion.

11. Suzanne Day profile image97
    Suzanne Dayposted 3 years ago

I don't take notes, I just try and find a part of the hub that really fits with me and briefly memorise any parts I feel I will be commenting on. Having said that, sometimes when there's difficult words involved, I might need to scroll back up and check how it's spelled.

working