jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Which poetic form is you favorite to read and why?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image94
    Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago

Which poetic form is you favorite to read and why?

Which form of poetry is your favorite to read or write and why? Myself, I prefer sonnets to read or write. Some other forms are: epic, ode, tanka, limeric, haiku, free form, dramatic)

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12071520_f260.jpg

2. dksuttle profile image79
    dksuttleposted 3 years ago

I love narrative in any form.  I hunger for a good story.

Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

My favorite narrative poem is Evangeline by Longfellow. Have you read that, dksuttle?

3. maven101 profile image79
    maven101posted 3 years ago

I love the discipline of Haiku...the clarity and conciseness...the purposeful use of dissonance in the 5-7-5 structure...the beauty of simplicity.

Hi Maven. Adhering to the discipline of poetry, like haiku and sonnets, is challenging, yet enjoyable.

4. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

I like to read most forms Phyllis, maybe the ode or narrative but all poetry forms have their place. As you know I love to write rhyming poetry and limericks are especially fun.

You are right, Jodah. All poetry forms/styles have their place. I love to read your poems. I guess it depends on my mood, sometimes I like emotional epic poems like Evangelina and sometimes inspirational sonnets, and many others.

5. pearlmacb profile image72
    pearlmacbposted 3 years ago

I enjoy writing & reading free verse/modern poetry prefering imagery over formulated language.

Closed to reply

working