jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Do you keep old magazines?

1. DDE profile image27
    DDEposted 3 years ago

Do you keep old magazines?

Reading magazines has always been  one of my favorite pass times. Do you still read magazines?

2. traveleze profile image53
    travelezeposted 3 years ago

To be honest DDE, I don't really have any paper magazines now lol, mostly i use the iPad or read things online smile

1. DDE profile image27
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yeah so true but sometimes reading a magazine can make life look normal again. Thank you.

2. traveleze profile image53
      travelezeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

haha yep but times are moving smile

3. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

Yes, I do but in the end I throw them out because I don't read much these days. I love reading magazines like Prima, Essentials, Take a Break, That's Life and any women magazine really. But now I only buy magazine once in a while.

1. DDE profile image27

Interesting and so true.  I too like doing just that reading magazines. Thank you

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I rarely read any current mags anymore, but I still have a stash of my old hard rock/heavy metal magazines in my closet that I like to flip thru from time to time. Since I write most of my Hubs on the same subject, I joke that the magazines serve as my "research library." big_smile

1. DDE profile image27

It is true! Information is always needed and old magazines  still play a good part in that role thank you.

5. Cyndi10 profile image87
    Cyndi10posted 3 years ago

Good question. I don't read as many magazines as I did in the past, but I still enjoy them when I do. I do have a hard time throwing them away, but I don't want to switch to online. I like the glossy, thick paper.

1. DDE profile image27

I too feel the same way thank you

6. janshares profile image98
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I still have a couple subscriptions. Sadly, I have a lot of magazines taking up space in my house. I need to purge but can't seem to make the time. One subscription I've had for over 30 years and can't let go yet. It is pathetic.

1. DDE profile image27

janshares, it is not pathetic  to keep on with the subscription. I enjoy reading magazines. Thank you

7. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

yes, i kept readers digest since 1998 until now and women weekly since 1995 until now., I read them to get my hubs published

1. DDE profile image27

Hi a great idea and I too keep magazines for writing purposes. Thank you

8. CrisSp profile image83
    CrisSpposted 3 years ago

Yes and I keep them after reading. Then at the end of the year, I'd bundle them up and donate the stocks to Goodwill thrift store. They are old issues but nevertheless in good condition. I'm pretty sure others will still enjoy them.

1. DDE profile image27

Hi great idea to give to those who will read it over again.   Well-suggested thank you

working