jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do we tell somebody not to write if they are not so good writer?

1. sandeep15r profile image78
    sandeep15rposted 3 years ago

Do we tell somebody not to write if they are not so good writer?

I was scanning through the forum. and I got a thread criticising writers who are not able to write properly (due to the lack of understanding of English language). I believe that what to write and how to write both are different things. Some writers are good at the craft, and some are good at having ideas. Is this a right thing to tell somebody you should not write as you are not good at the craft? My all time favourite writer Ernest Hemingway said once,
    "It's none of their business that you have to learn how to write. Let them think you were born that way."

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12333757_f260.jpg

2. College Buddy profile image60
    College Buddyposted 3 years ago

There is no problem if you tell a not so good writer that his articles need improvement if you tell it in a nice way. I am not so good in English language but I'm good at having ideas. I lack skill so I need someone to give me suggestions on how I can improve my articles but of course I don't need anyone to tell me to stop just because I am not good enough.

(How is my grammar?)

1. sandeep15r profile image78
      sandeep15rposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks John Titor, you write perfectly.  The best writing is clear and simple. That's what I believe.

3. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 3 years ago

my opinion is to only criticize if asked.

4. sandeep15r profile image78
    sandeep15rposted 3 years ago

Ok, you  mean to critique them If asked. Yes, that can be really helpful.

Closed to reply

working