jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which author has influenced you most, as a writer?

1. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

Which author has influenced you most, as a writer?

It could be an author who wrote a 'how to write' book, or it could be a fiction/non-fiction piece that left such an impact that it spurred you into a writing career.

2. Akriti Mattu profile image77
    Akriti Mattuposted 2 years ago

I am a huge fan of two people .Both write different genres but i like them both. One is Paulo Coelho and the second is Dan Brown.

3. cperuzzi profile image96
    cperuzziposted 2 years ago

Ray Bradbury, Neil Gaiman, and Terry Pratchett

4. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

Isaac Asimov inspired me the most, especially during my younger years and when he was still alive.
    Nowadays, I'm looking at Douglas E Richards for a great deal of up to date inspiration!

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

When I read your question a name popped instantly into my mind. There are many authors of the past who have influenced me in positive ways yet the first name that came to me is a contemporary.

I can say, without a doubt, that Randy Godwin is the author who has inspired me more than any other.

When I read one of Randy's fiction stories it draws me into a place where I feel a part of the life of his characters, as if I know them personally. His style of writing stirs so many emotions within me and inspires me to write my own stories. I am always left with deep emotions and deep respect for Randy Godwin's divine gift of talent as a writer. He is truly blessed.

6. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

Robert Heinlein, Larry Niven, Issac Asimov, Carl Sagan

working