In terms of writing, what are your tips on being more productive?

1. DATALOAD profile image60
    DATALOADposted 2 years ago

In terms of writing, what are your tips on being more productive?

For example, how have you increased your word count or editing strategy without spending more time? Do you recommend any tools?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

You have to spend time and do it regularly.  To improve speed with writing, it requires regular practice, much like a sport.  Those who practice daily become faster due to experience.  Schedule regular writing intervals and use a free timer app or desktop app to ensure you have X number of minutes where you just write - no editing, research etc. you write while that timer is going.

Also, with writing sometimes more steps leads to better productivity.  For example, I will freewrite or mind map a topic (there is free software out there for this, one is called "freemind") After you do the mind map it is very easy to organize and flesh out a piece very quickly.

3. Zelkiiro profile image94
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

I use no tools whatsoever. I just shove aside any distractions aside and concentrate on writing. As for increasing word count, well, I can't really give any useful advice, because my word count increased over time simply because I got more acclimated to running my mouth(?) longer and longer in my reviews. My early reviews used to be ~800 words, but now I can't do less than ~1300 to save my life; I got too much stuff to say and/or complain about now to ever be so concise again! In fact, I just looked at the review I wrote yesterday--1499 words. Sounds about right. And I know for a fact I've got at least 4 reviews over 1800 words.

So really, the secret to productivity is to not get distracted, and the secret to longer word count is just to write about something you're passionate (and can complain a lot) about.

working