jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

If I gather trivia off the web and publish it in my book, is that copyright infr

1. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago

If I gather trivia off the web and publish it in my book, is that copyright infringement?

I have decided to add pictures to the 3 sex books I've published through CreateSpace.  The pictures came out in black and white.  CreateSpace charges nearly 4 times the price for color pictures!  I want to add sex trivia tomake it more appealing to buyers.  I have found lots of fun facts online, but would I be infringing copyright if I used them?

2. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 2 years ago

Finding facts is research. Never,ever copy even a sentence word for word. Find your own creative way of saying it, this will avoid any copyright infringements.

Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks A LOT!!!

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

You can include them but have to cite a source where you got it from This is an example:  Sea Turtle Restoration Project. (2006). Threats to sea turtles. Retrieved from http://www.seaturtleinc.org/rehabilitat … a-turtles/

Then it also should be cited within the article.  something like (seaturrtle) at the end of the sentence you are quoting

Is it ok to list all my sources in one chapter called "references"?

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
      LoisRyan13903posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I would think that you be fine I see many books with the references at the end of the book.

3. Say Yes To Life profile image80

Thanks!

4. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago

You guys - I have decided to simply have the ebook be the color version of the books, rather than have an expensive print version.  Thank you for your replies!

working