jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Where has everybody gone?

1. xanzacow profile image72
    xanzacowposted 2 years ago

Where has everybody gone?

I am a member of several writing sites, and it seems I make friends easily. I have noticed, not many people hang around for very long. Why is that so?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12606815_f260.jpg

2. Monika Weise profile image81
    Monika Weiseposted 2 years ago

Too many cliques, too many bigots, not enough money. I've laid low here but have seen some of my friends eviscerated on the forums. This site is on of the more vicious of the many that I've written on. Most of the good writers that I know left here for that reason and have gone on to start their own blogs and sites. They are quite successful. I'm writing off-line now,   and just keep some things that are still making money online. I've learned that if you are a serious writer, it's better to avoid writing sites where the forum participants act like they are in high school instead of the adult world.

1. Virginia Allain profile image85
      Virginia Allainposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I know some of our writing pals have given up on share-cropping sites like this and reworked their content to publish as Kindle books.

3. georgialgal1984 profile image85
    georgialgal1984posted 2 years ago

I just came back after being gone for almost a year. Wrote for other places and quickly learned that nothing compared to what I was making here on HubPages consistently. I've also noticed that many of my followers and people I followed are long gone or on hiatus. I'm trying to be more focused now on building up my articles. Hope you have a great day! wink

4. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

I was here pretty consistently for many years. Then I got a full time job and now I struggle to find the time to fit it in. Which is sad because I've always enjoyed hubpages.

working