jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (19 posts)

Do you think being "DIFFERENT" is worth it?

1. marketingnotesja profile image60
    marketingnotesjaposted 6 years ago

Do you think being "DIFFERENT" is worth it?

We all have different opinions about what being unique means.... but is it worth it to try being different? What do think!!!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4782915_f260.jpg

2. thelistmania profile image57
    thelistmaniaposted 6 years ago

'Being different' helps you get noticed. Also, there are two ways in which this difference can be exhibited. In a positive vibe, where all admires and applauds you, and in a negative vibes, where everyone hates you.

In both says, its different, but the impact is not the same. There are also people carrying out their life without being noticed, yet leading a good example for their family and living and dying as a good citizen.

So, my opinion is thatit's not trying to be or to not be different that matters. It's the wellness and righteousness of your character that makes your life and the world a better place to live. In that run, if you makes a difference, that is something to be noticed.

3. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

Though my actions and beliefs are perpetually outside the norm, that was never my goal. My actions and beliefs are dictated by my experiences and personal thoughts, because those thoughts and beliefs are not usually in the boundaries of "normal" does not mean that I strive, intend, or weigh the consequenses of being different. I'm me, for better or worse, and you don't have to like it.

4. yiasa profile image61
    yiasaposted 6 years ago

I don'T sEE any meaNinG of lifE iF you're jusT likE thE resT of thE peopLe aND there'S nothinG diffErenT in you. don'T follow thE patH thaT you have bEEn tolD buT creaTe youR owN patH.

5. zduckman profile image61
    zduckmanposted 6 years ago

Yes, as children we try everything just to "fit in" in order to be cool. Then later in life the "cool" person is the one who marches to their own beat and does something different whether it be style, music, or art

6. Vishaaa profile image77
    Vishaaaposted 6 years ago

Yea. But wen we try to be "too much" different, we will be weired.......

7. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

of course it is. i am different from you so why would i want you to change or to change myself. being different makes everyone more interesting and it gives us a chance to learn from others ideas and thoughts.

8. joshhunt83 profile image59
    joshhunt83posted 6 years ago

Absolutely! The world would be a boring place if we were all the same.

9. cobrien profile image74
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

We are all different. That's what makes the world so interesting.

10. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

I am seen and known as an extremely maybe radically possibly even fanatically different person.
    First I believe that I am a spirit living in human form.
    Second I am a "Christian".
    Third I live to serve My God and Him only will I serve.
    Fourth I could care less how others perceive me or how I appear to others.

11. kallini2010 profile image82
    kallini2010posted 6 years ago

Very good question.  Everybody is looking for something outstanding, but the majority prefers to blend in.  Nobody wants to take that step aside and really "Stand Out".  Because you will be pecked....

It is a question of fine balancing.  Think what you like, but act like everybody else unless you are PREPARED for consequences.

I am not talking about small differences.  There was a documentary I believe that depicted crowds throughout different times and always, ALWAYS the crowd looked like everybody was wearing a uniform.

There was no "YELLOW MAN" in sight, so to speak (I am referring to your picture).  No, most people don't like to stand out.  They keep their little differences locked behind ten locks.  But when you outgrow that little prescribed shell, then you do stand out, because you simply cannot do otherwise.  When the eggshell is broken, you cannot go back and hide in it.  I think it is a matter of courage and growth.

Do you have the courage to be yourself?

12. Hunbbel Meer profile image87
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

I am a rebel, always think different from others. Sometimes, it brings a lot of problems, but overall, m proud of it. At least, I am not like the same potato loaded in the truck, waiting to be crushed, for the same purpose.

13. ChristineVianello profile image59
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

I think everyone wants to be different. I also believe that everyone is different in their own way. I remember being in high school, I wanted to be different. Me and my friends all dressed in black. We all looked the same.

14. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

I think just being yourslef is worth it and being comfortable in who you are

15. sarclair profile image79
    sarclairposted 6 years ago

I think, everyone is different. I believe if you are being yourself, you are truly happy. You will be judged no matter what you do. You may as well be an original.
    Why waste your time and be a phony? It is important to be different, if it is in your true nature.

16. maria.rose profile image37
    maria.roseposted 6 years ago

Absolutely! My thoughts are mine and no one else's, and for that reason, to me, I feel that I am better than every other human being.

17. sonia05 profile image59
    sonia05posted 6 years ago

I think there is no point in trying to be 'different'. Everyone is different with his or her own identity,experiences,values,nature or behaviour,priorities,meaning of life etc. Usually people trying to be 'different' end up either criticising everyone or imitating someone else by trying to be what he or she is originally not! Its sheer waste of time and energy. One does not have to try to be oneself!!

18. queenpoetica profile image59
    queenpoeticaposted 6 years ago

If we were all the same there would be no need for lending libraries.  We are all different, but are we all accepting of each other's differences?  That would be my question.  If we were all accepting of each other's differences there'd be no need to ask the question that you've asked.  I am in a majority group for some aspects of my life, but in a minority group for other aspects.  All I ask of anyone is that they accept me for who I am.  i am happy to accept anyone's differences as long as they don't inflict harm on others.

19. HERBERT ubaldo profile image59
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

Yes, if your difference is for good, but if you are different in bad term, that is no way

working