jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do any songs come to mind that are mostly made up of similes?

1. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 2 years ago

Do any songs come to mind that are mostly made up of similes?

"Annie's Song" by John Denver just popped into my mind on my morning commute this morning, and as I was singing it, I realized that most of the lyrics in this song are made up of similes: "You fill up my senses like a night in the forest, like the mountains in springtime, like a walk in the rain, like a storm in the desert, like a sleepy blue ocean." 

Come let me love you, let me give my life to you, let me drown in your laughter, let me die in your arms, let me lay down beside you, let me always be with you. Come let me love you, come love me again.

What songs w/similes come to mind?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12611373_f260.jpg

2. bravewarrior profile image93
    bravewarriorposted 2 years ago

This is a good question, Faith. I was thinking Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone", but it only appears in the chorus, so it doesn't qualify.

I'm curious to see what others come up with. I'm afraid my brain doesn't feel like working hard enough to come up with an answer today. :-(

Faith Reaperposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sha, oh, "Like a Rolling Stone" is actually a great simile in its title and chorus!  I should have just asked about songs with some similes in them and not mostly made up of similies. I can't think of any more either LOL but I realized when I sang

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 2 years ago

Yes, Like a Song  by Lenka  and Love is Like a Butterfly. lyrics by Dolly Parton: 
    Love is like a butterfly
    As soft and gentle as a sigh
    The multicolored moods of love are like its satin wings
    Love makes your heart feel strange inside
    It flutters like soft wings in flight
    Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing

Faith Reaperposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Well, Hi there, Dear Shyron, Yes, that is a perfect song!  I love that song too.  Thank you for thinking of a song using a simile.  So, happy to see you here this day.  I pray you are well.  Hugs

working