jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Does the "editbot" only correct one typo per comment?

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 2 years ago

Does the "editbot" only correct one typo per comment?

I just noticed where the "editbot" did catch a typo in a comment, but then it overlooked another misspelled word "althought" when it should read "although".  So, does anyone know if it can only catch one typo per comment as it certainly did not catch one?  Thank you for answering.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12676771_f260.jpg

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image97
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

I think it matters not how many errors are in the comment. The editbot may highlight only one typo, but just uncheck the editbot suggested correction and the bot will go away.

Faith Reaperposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I don't want to uncheck it as I want the errors to be corrected, but am just wondering why it didn't catch both typos in one comment.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image97
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The thing is, Faith, we cannot correct anything in comments, not even our own comments. So, the best thing to do is uncheck the bot.

3. Faith Reaper profile image88

Right. I know we can't correct anything in comments but I am wondering why the "editbot" did correct a typo in one comment but did not correct another one in the same comment. I guess it can only correct one at a time.  I do not want to uncheck it.

4. Phyllis Doyle profile image97
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Oh, well that's okay. I wish Glenn Stock would come along here and give you an answer. I can hardly believe it, but I may be wrong. LOL  Glenn is very knowledgeable about this editbot thing.

5. Faith Reaper profile image88

If I uncheck the box, then it would put the incorrect spelling back on, so don't want to do that.  I don't uncheck the box because I don't want any errors but just wonder why it didn't catch another typo in a hub or otherwise.

3. Bob Bamberg profile image94
    Bob Bambergposted 2 years ago

Hi Faith, I don't even pay attention to the errors in comments.  I don't believe they should even be corrected, as a matter of fact.  The hubs should be perfect in grammar and spelling, but I believe the comments should be left the way the commentor wrote them, warts and all.

Thanks, Bob. I understand. I'm trying to figure out why it caught one typo and not the other but I guess it can only correct one at a time ...

4. Venkatachari M profile image56
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

Faith, I remember them saying that they can run editbot again and again in due course of time. I think, at one run, it can correct only one mistake in a capsule or comment. So, I expect them run the bot again and again to clear the mistakes.
    Let us wait for further clarification from Glenn Stock, if he sees this thread.

Hi Ven,

Oh, that makes sense.  Thank you so much.  I didn't realize it could only correct one mistake in a capsule or comment at a time.  I think you have answered my question.

2. Venkatachari M profile image56
      Venkatachari Mposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Faith, for selecting my answer. But, we need to hear from Glenn Stock also to be more confirmed.

working