How many ways you can define the word "usefulness" ?
The word "usefulness" can not really stand on its own. When we use it, we always associate it with different objects, aspects, situations and more. I am interested to know if anyone can sum up the number of ways it can be used. The angles could be anything - funny, grave, satirical, innocent, regular etc.
Hi Roselyn I have no idea if the way I respond to your question is relevant or not but here goes...
1. Being useful means you can be in for the long haul and build up a legacy to leave behind.
2. Being useful is like cement, your actions are tangible and reliable.
3. Being useful is like bricks and mortar. It makes you a guaranteed entity which means you become bankable literally and metaphorically.
4. Being useful can mean you become deadweight. Too known and too boring.
5. Being useful is like becoming a Tower on high beam where others may want to emulate you to produce the same or similar results.
(1) Being of service to others. Helping & being there for others. Giving support to others when needed.
(2) Being of intrinsic value.
(3) Having a functional, practical, even utilitarian value.
(4) Having a quality of being multifaceted.
(5) Being sturdy.
(6) Having a purpose.
(7) Being an essential necessity.
(8) Serving an essential purpose.
(9) Being needed.
(10) Being totally indispensable.
(11) Being an asset.
(12) Can always be relied, depended on.
(13) Always being IN DEMAND.
(14) Having a shelf life.
(15) Can be easily applied to situation.
(16) Can be transferred from the fantastical to the practical.
(17) Having skills that can be transferred into various situations.
(18) Jack of all trades.
by CWanamaker6 years ago
Does the number of real life friends a person have define them?In other words, is the number of friends that a person has important? Do outsiders see it as a status booster or a status dropper?
by And Drewson6 years ago
How would you define "British Humour"?
by akuigla5 months ago
Define success in one word.Is it having children?Or be respected in the community?Having college diploma.Be in harmony with self.
by litsabd4 years ago
"Thank You For Being in My Life or Having Been in it"...who would you say it to?
by Sondra Rochelle2 years ago
How do you define the word "Christian"?The word Christian is used so casually anymore. I often wonder if people really understand what it means to be a true Christian. Is it just all about...
by Shake Shah6 years ago
Define the term 'useless'
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.