jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do I improve my writing skill wit the use of hubpages

1. profile image56
    Chaos Neneposted 20 months ago

How do I improve my writing skill wit the use of hubpages

I m totally new ... and I want to improve my writing skill ...based on reality, imagination , instints...etc

2. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 20 months ago

Spell check with American English
    Grammar check the text.
    Pick a topic that you can research and write well on or topics that you are familiar with.
    Don't write generic articles that have 10,000 competitors but an in depth answer to a question people are asking.

3. Amanda108 profile image93
    Amanda108posted 20 months ago

Since you're aiming to improve your writing and not just make money (awesome!) then I would recommend doing a search in Hubpages for articles that offer advice on writing, both technical details (such as grammar) and ways to find inspiration. Read the ones you think might be helpful -- reading and writing go together, after all, and one can improve the other -- and then write thoughtful comments at the bottom.

Also look for hubs that offer writing prompts/ideas. Browse the forums to see other people talking about what writing issues they struggle with. Sometimes we're not even aware of what needs improving or why we are having trouble until we do some self-analysis or let others (constructively) criticize us.

And then of course that whole "practice, practice, practice" thing is absolutely true. Hubpages as a platform offers you advice, such as ways to better engage an audience or the ideal length of an article. You don't have to immediately make public anything you write here. You can save it unpublished and make changes or additions as you learn and grow, so that when the hub is ready it will be your best.

4. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 20 months ago

Reading others' hubs even if you are not very interested in the topic would be helpful.  You will learn more about what good writing is, and bad writing, as well.  Seeing where others did not catch mistakes in proof reading their work will help you when you proof read your own.  For instance, you did not catch the misspellings in your two lines for this question.  Those alone are a huge number of errors for such a small amount of writing, not to mention not using uppercase in your title and no punctuation in the unstructured sentence.  You can improve, though, by having a willingness to learn and persevere in the work!

5. nochance profile image91
    nochanceposted 19 months ago

You can use Grammarly or Hemmingway to improve your writing.

There's a lot to learn about the art of writing but it boils down to two things.

1. Write a lot.

2. Read a lot.

You can learn a lot from other writers. Read a lot of articles about everything. See how other writers get their point across. Pay attention to how emotions are presented. Look at how their sentences and paragraphs are put together to create a cohesive article.