jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Role of hubpages to improve your writing skill ?

1. icv profile image70
    icvposted 4 years ago

Role of hubpages to improve your writing skill ?

do you feel any improvement in your writing skill after joining with hubpages  ?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

No.  I suspect my writing skill to be fairly well developed over the forty-five years I've been into Creative Writing as a hobby or pastime.  What is does do is give you plenty of practice in putting together essays - which Hubpages calls Hubs - and thereby giving you the opportunity to find, research and then present what you have learned.   If you treat each Hub that you create that way, you're bound to gradually improve. 

This is because 'practice makes perfect.'   No one ever gets to 'perfection.'  Even the most famous writers have their literary critics who can find some fault with what has been written.   But the more you write, with the endeavour of always giving it your best shot, the better you will become.

Also, these Question and Answer pages are good.   I'm into anwering questions most times that I log on.  It's stimulating, and it widens your interest across a whole spectrum of topics you probably wouldn't bother with otherwise.

Hope this has helped you.

3. profile image93
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

Yes, my writing skill has improved a lot since i joined. I have always been able to write well, but since joining it has improved still further. One thing I have noticed is that I no longer have to think about what to write, I just research a topic and when I sit down to write it all just floods out.

I am also more conscious of my vocabulary and grammar than I was in the past and both have improved considerably.

4. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 4 years ago

Absolutely!  The tutorials, lessons, and advice from other hubbers is priceless.  Since joining, I have greatly improved my writing and thinking skills.

1. icv profile image70
      icvposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I feel same asyou.   I published more than 20 poems here in last 50 days...