Will the English idiom "trumped up" now take on new meaning? Remember guidelines

1. KatyWhoWaited profile image60
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 17 months ago

Will the English idiom "trumped up" now take on new meaning? Remember guidelines when answering

We have used the idiom "trumped up" in America for a long, long time - as in "The charges were all trumped up". So using the phrase the old way as a pun, we could ask, "Has the recent email investigation been all 'Trumped' up?"  Or giving a different NEW meaning, "Has this whole election now been just plain "trumped up"? (As in that other "up" idiom.)  How about: "My neighbor had to go to counseling 'cuz he's just all trumped up in the head.   I'm just saying.  Please answer as respectfully as you can (without breaking any guidelines), with your own sentence using the idiom "trumped up".

2. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 17 months ago

Donald Trump is hoping he holds the trump card, but Hillary may have him trumped. We will see. I think this is the most trumped up election I've seen, maybe even worse than the trumped up Barry Goldwater election. That was the first time I ever voted and it was pretty trumped up. I am thankful that most elections since then may be heated but not totally trumped. Most of the stuff against Hillary is trumped up because it is either right-wing propaganda by people who don't know how the government is run or by people who do and want to stir up those who don't. We need to be more concerned about the hacking into her private server as well as into government servers and stop making a fuss about all this trumped up business. Now Donald Trump has trumped himself because his very words are on video or are actual court cases. People should realize that he has trumped himself in the left ear.
    I think while this may not lend a whole new meaning to the phrase "trumped up" it will become the butt of jokes enjoyed by both sides of the political equation -- probably as long as there is an English language. Merriam Webster may have to add a new definition to "trump".

1. Billie Kelpin profile image86
      Billie Kelpinposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Very cool!  Let's hope that in a few days our whole lovely nation won't get trumped because of the job Trump did in trumping up the minds of all his followers.  Greatest snake oil salesman there every was!

working