jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Who is your favorite science-fiction writer?

1. PhoenixV profile image67
    PhoenixVposted 14 months ago

Who is your favorite science-fiction writer?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 14 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12652355_f260.jpg

PhoenixV
    I don't do much with science fiction writers, but I do like HG Wells, and War of the Worlds.

I only read non fiction and mostly technical subjects. I do more with movies than books for fiction.

Unfortunately to me SCI FI movies don't seem to spark my interest.
    TV shows that are popular like the Star Trek ones are not much more than contemporary themes with new technology backgrounds.
    I did like the orig Battle Star Gallactica, but only because I like the cyclons. This was messed up with the newer versions where the Cylons were in human form.

Star Wars, the first one was OK because it was new, but any that followed it were imo, terrible.

Sure human nature will always be part of us in the future, but it shouldn't necessarily be for Aliens.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Thanks

2. PhoenixV profile image67
      PhoenixVposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for your answer. You always write really thorough and detailed answers. I appreciate it.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 14 months agoin reply to this

PhoenixV - The same is true for you. I also appreciate that.

3. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 14 months ago

Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, especially the novels they did TOGETHER like "Lucifer's Hammer".

4. Qmarpat profile image71
    Qmarpatposted 14 months ago

Ray Bradbury and Isaac Asimov, are two of my favorite writers, I grew up reading. I read Stephen King a little, but his writing scares me. He did however, have some TV hits, such as The Shawshank Redemption,  Christine and Deloris Clayborn.  Christine, was first entitled, The Car.

working