jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How do you maintain a consistent writing schedule with a full-time job and kids

1. writerfromearth profile image76
    writerfromearthposted 9 months ago

How do you maintain a consistent writing schedule with a full-time job and kids around at home?

2. Larry Slawson profile image97
    Larry Slawsonposted 9 months ago

Its tough, but possible.  For me, I have discovered that I have to set aside time (usually early in the morning or right before bed) if I want to consistently write.  I gave up on trying to write entire articles in one day (just wasn't possible when you are busy haha).  With that said, I usually write all of my articles on Microsoft Word and come back to it multiple times a week until its finished.  That's the only thing that works for me!

Welcome to HubPages by the way smile

writerfromearthposted 9 months agoin reply to this

That is a great suggestion. I get a chance to write at night but mornings have been under rush. Probably I can  try to use a little part of the morning. You are right getting it done in one day is hard.
      Thank you for the warm welcome.
      Best regards

3. Robert Sacchi profile image84
    Robert Sacchiposted 9 months ago

There are two approaches that seem to work.  One is to find a niche of time.  The other method is to make an effort to get in some writing, even a few minutes worth, a day.  If you see the niche time usually gets bumped my more important matters then go to the get someing, anything, written method.  Good luck.

writerfromearthposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for responding to my question. You are right; sometimes it is hard to write timely using the niche of time approach. The second approach seems plausible. A mixture might be feasible as well. Thanks once again. Have a wonderful week.

working