How to motivate myself to write?
Motivation; writing; journaling; getting published; avoiding procrastination; distractions; having fun;responsibility; reaching goals; satisfaction; editing; submitting; organization; commitment
What I usually do is:
- Set your long-term goals for content creation. Make sure they're SMART goals: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely. Example: I will write 3 new articles and revise 1 old article per week. I will produce a new article every Friday. Things like that.
- Use a calendar, piece of paper, sticky note, index card, etc. to remind yourself of your goals throughout the week. I like to have something physical that I have to look at on my desk. A digital document doesn't have that power of reminding us by standing out visually. But, I also use Word documents to list what I'm planning to do with my blog and checking off what I'm doing.
- Choose when to blog. Choose a time when you're free from distractions and capable of doing your best work. Make that time dedicated blogging time. Start with something easy, like setting aside 3 hours a week. Later, you can always increase the time you spend on it.
- Read about the subject you're blogging about. The more you read and study about it, the more ideas you'll get and the more you'll be inspired to write about it. It's also important to keep up with news in the field you're writing about. If you lack ideas, you should look for a trending topic related to your area of specialty. For example, someone who wants to write about school psychology could talk about fidget spinners.
- As for avoiding distractions, you can actually find programs that will block websites for you during certain hours on certain days. I use a Mozilla Firefox add-on called LeechBlock to block Facebook and YouTube between 9 and 5 on weekdays. http://www.proginosko.com/leechblock/
So basically, plan according to goals, use physical reminders, set aside specific time blocks each week, and block websites that tend to distract you the most.
Think about what you love. what topics mean the most to you. It can be something that tuoches heart or effects your life. I find my passions are my biggest motivators for what I write about. It looks like you already know all the basics the rest comes from you.
Just start writing. Set a timer for 15 minutes. You don't necessarily have to write but you can't do anything else, not even doodle in the margins.
I've have written a hub on this topic that I think will help.
https://letterpile.com/writing/How-to-G … Single-Day
by Rohan Rinaldo Felix 4 years ago
I feel dejected. How can I motivate myself to write again at Hubpages?I have 23 hubs and my last hub was over 3 weeks ago. I have over 50 drafts waiting in my account. I just can't get myself to complete even one of them... Traffic and earnings have been steadily falling... Please help me!...
by Tammy 4 years ago
How do you write, when your world is filled with noise?I suffer from ADHD, and noise easily distracts my train of thought. It prevents me from reading, writing, or focusing on anything, which is truly a pain. So how do you block the world off, and focus directly upon your writing?
by D22314 6 years ago
How do you motivate yourself to write?Lately I've been finding myself procrastinating way too much, and need to find a way to motivate myself to write more. Any advice?
by Reginald Chan 6 years ago
How to motivate yourself when it comes to writing onlineMotivation is very important especially with writing. How do you motivates yourself by writing regardless is a hub, blog or website? I am feeling hard to motivate myself and thus, I usually write then I felt like writing.Most of the time, this...
by Chris 6 years ago
How do you motivate yourself to write daily?For those of us who are juggling a "day job" along with our writing careers, how do you motivate yourself to write on a regular basis? In his book on Writing, the author Steven King noted that budding writers were to write daily, even if...
by Atell Rohlandt 6 years ago
How do you motivate yourself to write?I'm trying to find ways to motivate myself to write more. Does anyone use specific techniques or methods to get themselves in the writing 'zone'? Or do you just write when inspiration strikes?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|