jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you motivate yourself to write?

1. D22314 profile image77
    D22314posted 5 years ago

How do you motivate yourself to write?

Lately I've been finding myself procrastinating way too much, and need to find a way to motivate myself to write more. Any advice?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

schedule a set daily time and just sit down and do it.  If you can't come up with hub or article ideas or whatever just do freewriting for your allotted time as that will help you come up with ideas.  Setting a time develops a habit and habits tend to lead to being more productive.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I'm procrastinating too, I have Hub titles to work on and don't feel like doing them. I think it's because I just joined hp about six weeks ag and I've been going at it daily, sometimes all day without taking time off. Until I feel like jumping back in, I'm doing a lot of reading and writing snail mail letters.

Your other commenter has good advice. I'm going to try writing only during regular hours, and hope I don't burn out.

Also, my friends and I are challenging each other with topics, maybe you could have someone suggest them for you?

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

I have at least 10 hubs titles to write but can't find the keyword that suits them. So, I have to settle the keyword problem before I could start on writing my hubs in pencils and papers.

5. profile image0
    Vrijdag Pagesposted 5 years ago

I write a to do list, turn on some relaxing music and maybe do a bit of reading, especially picking a book which is part of the subject I want to write about.

6. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

One of the hardest things that any writer has to deal with (besides writer's block) is finding the motivation to continue writing even when you know what you want to talk about.  Here a several tips that you can use to stay motivated. read more

7. Elskemek profile image37
    Elskemekposted 5 years ago

I too, had this problem. I love to write but lately it seemed pointless. Nothing was happening and i wasn't motivated to continue. Then last night i read something i had written a while ago. Something that reminded me why i loved to write. It reminded me the very reason i started writing to begin with and gave me a longing to write again. So i posted what i read that lead me to this on Hubpages and then started writing.

I guess for me it was realizing why i started writing in the first place. I remembered the feeling i got when writing that made me miss it and want to start again.

working