Do you do this for money or because you just love writing?

1. Ryan Cornelius profile image66
    Ryan Corneliusposted 5 months ago

Do you do this for money or because you just love writing?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 months ago

I've never made much through HP, so I treat it as a hobby that provides occasional beer & pizza money.

3. Ken Burgess profile image89
    Ken Burgessposted 5 months ago

I definitely do this because I started out with a desire to write about issues, debate issues.  I have written here for years, and never monetized, before looking into it very recently... I have more unpublished articles than published, because many of them related to political or social events that are no longer relevant, they had their day in the sun, and then I UN-published them.

I have only recently evolved my interest to the point of wanting to provide content on what I may be interested in with an eye towards what readers may be interested in reading... if that makes any sense.

I used to write extensively about my favorite NFL team, well enough that I was plagiarized more than once by those who get paid to cover sports.

But events over the past few years have disenchanted me with the NFL and I no longer spend any time on it.  Leaving me to pursue other things.

I wrote an article the other day about a movie I went to see with my son, I never wrote anything like that before, I followed that up with a short review of a privately made free to watch series based off of a 60s tv show.

I am writing about things that interest me, or that I have seen, partly to see what readers are interested in.  And to take my writing in a different direction(s).

working