jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

When did you realize you love writing?

1. stestifie profile image75
    stestifieposted 6 years ago

When did you realize you love writing?

I realized I loved writing when I was 5th grade and had to do a essay on my hero. I couldn't pick just one so I picked two: my mom and my grandma. Loved that teacher.

2. My Minds Eye53 profile image62
    My Minds Eye53posted 6 years ago

When I was a child, I was really into poetry then.

3. CBM1987 profile image68
    CBM1987posted 6 years ago

I was in the third grade... We had to write a story, so I wrote a story about a dog who got lost in the woods. He ran into 4 animals, each of them trying to help him find his way. Save for a bat, which wanted to keep him lost forever.

My teacher praised me on it... even went as far as to call family... I loved the feeling of  having someone proud of me.

Later in life, I came to use writing as an outlet a way to escape, though the passion to write is something that fallows me everywhere I go! Here I mainly write poetry, on my computer I have loads of short stories I've written... Though I dont share them!

4. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I was in seventh grade when I started writing, but it wasn't until ninth grade that I realized I loved it. My best friend at the time and I would colloborate on a plot and then we'd write a piece and bring it together and see if it fit. I realized at that time how different we were as writers and how much I loved reading what I had written. It wasn't that she was a bad writer, I just knew that I enjoyed my work more.

5. TamathaS profile image69
    TamathaSposted 6 years ago

When I was six years old, I would write letters to my dad and play school. It was soon to be my 'escape'.

6. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

It wasn't really that I ever realized I loved writing.  It was more that I've always known I loved reading and (odd as this may sound to some) English grammar.  When you like the "system" of grammar, see the sense in it, love playing with words, etc. etc., it's only natural that you'll start using your love of grammar and words by writing.   smile

7. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

If I remember correctly it was when I was about 8 years old. I wrote some poems and some short stories and loved every minute of it.

8. Dennis AuBuchon profile image84
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 6 years ago

I realized I loved to write in grade school.  I did not actually start my writing until after my later years.  I have been writing for about 10 years.  As I write more I learn better ways to say things on topics about which I care.  I have learned much from others in the process.

9. Amber Colleen profile image61
    Amber Colleenposted 6 years ago

I started writing when I was nine. I don't think it was ever a realization thing. I just started writing because it seemed like the natural thing to do, like I was just born to do it, and I haven't stopped since.

10. Krysanthe profile image95
    Krysantheposted 6 years ago

Second or Third grade.  We had to create and write a book for a young authors competion at school.  My book was a collection of poems, one for each color of the rainbow.  I loved doing it.  When my book won for the class,  it confirmed for me that writing was not only something that I enjoyed, but something that I was quite good at.

11. .josh. profile image60
    .josh.posted 6 years ago

As backwards as this might seem, I think I actually fell in love with the idea of becoming a writer long before I ever began to consciously fall in love with writing itself. I've always been a big reader, and consequently had this romanticized view of writers, and I think it always seemed like a bit of a fantasy to me to actually become one myself. It was just this gradual process, that began as a lingering thought in the back of my head, and has since developed into this overwhelming urge - and need - to write.

working