What you should do to make a good article? I just trying it hard enough but still in process. Do you have any suggestion. Thank you
Numbers 10-18 here detail in the FAQ all the reasons an article might be banned. https://hubpages.com/faq/#substandard
The main thing is a good article should be:
- Not personal. You're writing something like part of a non-fiction book or a well-researched magazine article. Not a diary.
- Long enough. People want to read something long, and with sufficient detail about a topic. You should aim to be educational.
- Multimedia. It's good to have at least 3 good-sized images, one at the bare minimum. Links (as long as they're not too spammy/promotional) are good, and including polls and video links also help.
- Grammatically correct. I see a lot of new Hubbers who just aren't checking their grammar, or who seem to expect their spellchecker to get all their mistakes - it won't. Even a program like Grammarly can't make up for a lack of your own knowledge of correct, standard English.
A Hub should not be:
- Personal. As I've already stated. It just isn't what the site is trying to offer readers. I'd suggest using another site for more personal-style journaling. Like Blogger or Tumblr.
- Promotional. If you're clearly just trying to sell some crap, that's against the rules. If you plug a specific product or website over and over again, that's a no-no. You can have links if they add to your effort to entertain and inform the audience. You can add one or two affiliate links to a product that is directly related to your topic. For example if I review a movie, I can link to a site where people can buy that movie, if they want. But I see a lot of bad posts that are poorly written, written for bots not readers, and that use keyword stuffing. That doesn't fly on Hubpages.
- Too short. I see this as a common problem with new Hubbers. A lot of newbs write articles that are simply too short. It's sort of like a section in a textbook. You want to be thorough and detailed. I think newbies are just timid, afraid that if they write too long, no one will read it.
- Lacking quality in terms of broken links, small or unclear images, etc. If you use a lot of YouTube videos, watch out because if those get taken down by YouTube later, you get a broken link on your article.
It can all be managed by properly planning and outlining an article in advance and properly editing it after you write. As well as having attention to detail throughout the writing process. I hope that helps. Definitely read the FAQ for information about what they don't want, which will hopefully help you understand what they do want.
Also check this out: https://hubpageshelp.com/standards/Lear … iting-Tips
Thank you for your input. I think it's time to write with grammatically correct, long enough and well research. If it must to put at least 3 images, tbh, i didn't do it before. Once again, thank you Rachael.
by John Bullock 2 years ago
I've recently read quite a bit about Infobarrel (in hindsight, I don't know how recent what I read was) being pretty good. I've been having a great time and some good success here so I thought I'd check it out. I wrote an 1100 word piece, completely original, with a YouTube video and a picture I...
by Kathleen Odenthal 4 years ago
Is there a difference between good writing and quality writing?I read a lot of hubs that are covering great topics, hitting key points and written in an engaging manner, but they have many grammatical errors. Now, I may be a bit of a grammar and spelling snob, but I feel like those two elements are...
by Tessa Schlesinger 18 months ago
https://hubpages.com/business/Essay-Mon … Well-beingHi, it's a bit long, but there was a lot to say.And I wanted to give all sides.Also, I uploaded an article a few months ago, but didn't publish. It's disappeared. Does hubpages remove articles that aren't published?Thanks.
by RanaKm 4 years ago
So, I've had a hub unpublished due to HP claiming that it's overly promotional.The hub only has 2 outbound links ( which is the number of links we're allowed to put for the other external sites ) this is the only thing that I'm having in my hub.There is also NO amazon products or Ebay or...
by LindaSmith1 8 years ago
Currently, we are allowed 2 text links within a hub for links to our website, blogs, or articles written elsewhere.But, if you don't join the HP Amazon program, do you know that those 2 Amazon text links are not extra ones? If you use 2 amazon links, then you have used up your quota of 2 personal...
by ga anderson 12 months ago
It has been a long time since I published here, and I have forgotten the process.I have a recently published hub, (5 days ago), that exited pending with that Dreaded Black Circle - Not Featured - Quality. (I do have other Featured hubs)I don't see any indicators of why, or what to fix, and I don't...
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|