what IF you were superman?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (35 posts)
  1. captain planet profile image59
    captain planetposted 14 years ago

What If you were superman?

1. CrashDummyMan profile image59
      CrashDummyManposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd find wonder woman and our kids would take over the world!

1. subtledouble profile image61
        subtledoubleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Cool

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

if i was superman, i would do so many things it's not even funny.  some of you might think im real jerk for what im about to say, but please hear me out as i list ALL things i would do if i were superman in real life.

1.  I would organize a meeting with all the columbian drug lords, mafia, yakuza, gangs, pimps, and pretty much every major player within the organized crime syndicate of the world.  Then I would tell them that they can continue doing business as usual, but all I want is a cut of their profits.  the cut i would take from them would automatically go entirely to charity of course (i.e. churches, environment, peta, and etc), as i wouldn't keep a penny for myself.  How much of a cut will I take from them you ask?

why it's simple.  I would demand they pay me about 99.9 percent of their profits and keep only 0.01 percent of it for themselves.  if they asked me why, then i would tell them that's protection money.  they'd be paying me money, so i wouldn't come back and kill every one of them myself.  after all, im superman, so there's NOTHING they could do to me that would harm me.  therefore, i would demand they'd pay me 99.9 percent of their profits, or else i'd kill them.  then after making my threat to all of them, i would go up to the biggest and tallest person in the room, that seemed the most buff, then knock him through the wall.  using only my pinky finger to punch him through the freaking wall; just to show all them how much i mean business.

2.  I would go off to the middle east and use all my powers to end the war there between the palestinians and israelis.  telling them that i would no longer tolerate their bickering, or else they would have to deal with me. and believe me, i ain't going to play fair if they mess with me, so they know i would mean serious business.

3.  i would do whatever i could to divert all of the meteors and asteroids that were on a direct collision course with earth, like apollo for instance.

4.  i would put an end to human trafficking. specifically those that use child prostitutes, as they would not be tolerated.  the first offense, i would just give them a warning and take the child to their home.  the second time.....well lets just say the person responsible won't live to see another day...lets put it to you that way.

5.  I would go to africa, and try to bring peace and prosperity to their country, any way i could.

6.  i would make it a point to visit every 3rd world country out there, and make it my mission to make their lives better.

7.  i would organize a meeting with all the world leaders, and propose to them that i would gladly take on whatever duties they needed of me, as long as it was within reason.  Telling them that I would even resolve and end various wars for them if it would mean no more bloodshed.  however, the only thing i would ask of them is for me to have an entire island to myself somewhere. a place where i can truly be alone if i wanted to.

8.  although this is going to sound vain, i would make a list of all the guys that used to beat me up and pick on me in high school.  then i would visit each of their homes, and beat the living tar out of them. don't get me wrong, i certainly wouldn't kill them.  no, i would just beat them up until they were paralyzed, so they too could know what it's like to feel helpless.  mwahahaha! 

anyway, sorry to ramble on like that, and i hope you all don't think ill of me for all the things that i would want to do if i was superman.  big_smile

1. UniqueBeauty profile image60
        UniqueBeautyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow- you really thought that out.

good job- lol

1. profile image0
          Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol.  thanks for the compliment.  big_smile  lol.

2. animekid profile image65
        animekidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I actually thought that your answer was very well thought out. " With great power comes great responsibility " a line from the spider man origin is something that should always be in the back of any " would be " hero...whether your powered or not...so many things can influence a hero, but a definite sense of right and wrong is always the driving force behind a hero's decisions to either stay on the straight and narrow or go " Dark Side "

3. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"I'd keep you by my side / with my super human might / kryptonite. Yeah!!!" - Kryptonite. 3 Doors Down.

4. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My husband dreamed he was  Superman, and could fly. The world needed saving but he was too cold, so he stayed in bed.

5. sammyfiction profile image59
      sammyfictionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I was superman, I'm pretty sure the first thing I would do is change the underwear on the outside thing. Mmm, no no.

6. profile image57
      NR63BL80posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I for one really trully consider my bouyfrined to be superman.  How else or who else would survive being jumped by three guys, having the crap beat out of him then left on the railroad tracks and hit by a train?  He did and has lived to tell about it.  No lost limbs, only a brain injury and a scar to remind him what happened.  He has long and short term memory loss but he is progressing well.

2. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Then I could fly, so I wouldn't be afraid of heights any longer.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's kind of my thing (not the afraid-of-heights thing, but the flying thing).  If I were SuperMan I'd probably use most of my time flying around.  Heck, if you can fly above all the crises everywhere, there's something to be said for that.  ("Let the people who can't fly solve their own problems.  I've put in more than my share of time as a solid, on-the-ground, aim-to-save-the-world, kind of person.  I'm up, up, and away.  Wave to me (or not- I don't really care) when you see me fly by."  lol  )

3. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

You mean I'm not Superman already? smile

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would claim Earnest is Superman, thus diverting all media hounding and personal requests to save everyone on to a good guy.
      wink

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I thought Earnest WAS Superman??

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So did I habee, so did I. smile

5. Ben Evans profile image65
    Ben Evansposted 14 years ago

I am listening to the radio as I read this thread.  They are playing everyone is kung fu fighting.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Okay

Oh hoe hoe hooooooe oh hoe hoe hooooooe............
    Superman was kung fu fighting (even though he didn't need too)
    that cat was fast as(well as a speeding bullet)
    He didnt have a mullet (ligthing doesnt rhyme with bullet)

I cant help but imagine that he would be kind of clumsy and breaking concrete and stuff.  The picture certainly would be funny.

Hey Ben!  Hey dude.  The question was what if you were superman?
    What were you thinking?

Oh.

You don't like my kung fu fighting superman?

Okay if I were superman,
    I would fly and stay away from kryptonite but I would play my ipod.

oh hoe hoe hoooooe.........big_smile

6. packerpack profile image59
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

If I were a Superman then my transport cost will be zero but I wont be flying with my underwear over my pants!! big_smile

1. chigoiyke profile image60
      chigoiykeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I were, then anything transport would be thrown through the window. Lol

7. bill yon profile image71
    bill yonposted 14 years ago

I would rule the world with an iron grip BWAAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!!!

8. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

I have way too dirty of a mind to be allowed to have x-ray vision.

9. profile image0
    Uma07posted 14 years ago

Is this thread only for men Captain?

10. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 14 years ago

If I were superman...first I'd use my powers to change into a woman, then I'd get rid of the 'outfit' and just wear some regular duds - but I'd keep the boots, 'cept mine would be nice over the knee leather ones; I'd get rid of the haircut too and grow it longer - past the shoulders; not too long though because as I fly around, the wind in my hair would turn it into a tangled mess too easily.  And, then I'd use my superpower of flight and just fly wherever I please and when I want.  I think I'd wear a nice pair of goggles too - to keep things out of my eyes as I flew here and there.  The physical strength would come in handy sometimes;  I'd have no need for the xray vision.

11. profile image0
    ShadowKing!posted 14 years ago

Amazing how a limited but incomplete question doesn't receive an adequate corresponding answer. Bare with me (or ignore me) I'm just being analytical: The question is 1st incomplete; 2nd, it asks "what if you were Superman". 3rd, maybe the original poster intended to find out "if you were Superman what would you do". But the question is a limited one, meaning "if you were Superman (and not yourself)". If I were Superman I'd BE DOING WHAT Superman WOULD BE DOING. However, if I HAD Superman's ABILITIES then I'd be making $BILLIONS$ as gun-for-hire, hireling, mercenary, legionnaire, soldier of fortune... And that goes to say...What if You/I were Superman (You/I probably wouldn't give a damn about fortune & fame), huh?

12. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I'd install mirrors in the phone booths, so there would be no more undies outside of the tights mistakes.

13. captain planet profile image59
    captain planetposted 14 years ago

I am captain planet . I can't be superman.:-)

14. animekid profile image65
    animekidposted 14 years ago

Ahh to be an all powerful entity. If I were a Superman, I am not sure that I would want to effect world politics, as I would be taking away the single most important factor that makes us all human...the right to decide our own destiny. Power to stop human suffering is another matter all together, I would have no problem what so ever influencing the lives of those stricken by famine and living under the rule of despots. As far as wars themselves go, I think if there actually were a Superman, just that fact would almost makes those who like to taught and make profit from it would be a little bit more inclined to just not do it. But I'm only 1 Superman, and I could only be in so many places at once...remember even a Superman needs to rest and recharge the ol solar battery.

1. christopherchance profile image60
      christopherchanceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Vaporise all politicians because I would be in charge and I don'y like liars and cheats, so get rid anyway.

15. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 14 years ago

Sometimes I think I am. Not a Superman - Superwoman.

16. Studio E profile image57
    Studio Eposted 14 years ago

If i was superman i would get a minimum wage job so i can buy a hot pocket because im hungry. hahahaha smile

17. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

I rather be Aquaman and get all the free seafood I want just by willing the little suckers to jump onto my plate with my mental powers

18. FactAndFiction profile image60
    FactAndFictionposted 14 years ago

I WOULD FLY!

19. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

If I was Superman, I'd design a better costume.

20. EmilyWillson1 profile image59
    EmilyWillson1posted 4 years ago

I would get bored in a few days...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)