jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Has anyone ever thought of...

1. adrienne2 profile image81
    adrienne2posted 6 years ago

using your hubs to create an e-book?  The thought has been crossing my mind for the last few weeks. Just wondered if anyone has done so.  Thanks for any advice.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image87
      Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure that it's entirely possible.. I've had two hubs here that were published in magazines, so it's definitely possible.  I did have to spend a little more time doing rewrites to make it "publish" worthy, but I'm sure there wouldn't be any problem with it..

The only issue that I would have would be on the marketing end of things.. I wouldn't have any idea how to sell an e-book.

Interesting thought though..

adrienne2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Urbane, thats great to hear you've have two hubs published in magazines. I was contacted last week from a publisher interested in one of my wedding hubs.  As for the marketing of the ebook I am thinking of promoting through my blog, as well as my podcast.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image87
          Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's awesome!  Hopefully you'll get your article published.. That's always a nice pat on the back for a good job done! big_smile

I'm sure that marketing wouldn't be much different from hubpages, but that sounds like a good start.  I'm sure that with so many e books out there, there has to be at least a few good sites to promote it on.  I'll be interested to hear the outcome..

Good luck with it!

adrienne2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Urbane!

2. Jaggedfrost profile image84
    Jaggedfrostposted 6 years ago

They say the more of your book you publish here the more you open yourself up to copyright infringement.  Writing a couple of chapters to give a publishing house a taste is one thing to do otherwise is folly.  Who knows though..

working