How do you promote your online work??

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Sneha Sunny profile image84
    Sneha Sunnyposted 12 years ago

I know most of us do by sharing it on facebook, twitter, bookmarking sites and all. How do you promote your work??

1. That Grrl profile image72
      That Grrlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I comment in other blogs and on other sites. I seldom share my own links on Twitter, instead I post information, have conversations and give myself a real presence - just like a real person rather than a spambot.

1. SuperheroSales profile image57
        SuperheroSalesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope I'm not butting in by asking another question, but how do you find good blogs to comment on?  I am horrible at promoting my work.  I generally just share my Hubs with friends on Facebook.

Sneha Sunnyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I too have a blog (nothing special, for silly talks and for promtion). People visit to my blog and comment, in return I go to their blog and comment and follow if they interest me. Then I find someone from their blog and go to their blog and comment and like this the chain continues. Through twitter also. People with blogs, websites do place the link at their twitter account. If you don't have a twitter account, you can create one and start tweeting your hubs and other articles over there. Try to get more followers. Even after promoting your work, it takes a bit time to your traffic to grow.

1. SuperheroSales profile image57
            SuperheroSalesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great advice!  Thank you, Sunny!

smile

2. That Grrl profile image72
          That Grrlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't have a method to finding blogs to comment on. I just look at a lot of blogs and leave comments when I find someone who interests me. I don't look at the blog for popularity/ traffic first. A good blog is a good blog because they have something to say and I want to read more.

2. QuestionMaster profile image79
    QuestionMasterposted 12 years ago

Choose good keywords and then ignore it.

3. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 12 years ago

Good question.  I don't really but probably should.  I usually just try to interact alot and hope a percentage of folks will be curious.  I also like to throw some outlandish crap out and see who bites.  Humor grabs more than anything else it seems.

1. QuestionMaster profile image79
      QuestionMasterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you referring to interacting on the hubpages site?

Although leaving comments or posting on the forums may have a slight effect (through internal backlinks), other hubbers, as a rule, do not click adverts.

1. tobey100 profile image61
        tobey100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I try to interact on the hubs but most everywhere else under the sun from social sites to several blogs I write and read.

4. profile image57
    Edwin Brownposted 12 years ago

I promote my online work with more online work, plus I occasionally refer a friend to my sites.  I have blogs and I have one authority site and a number of Wordpress sites, some with my own domain names.

It can run into a lot of work, but I am online in part to earn extra income, so I write a lot of articles to feed traffic to my money sites.

I don't often write just for the fun of it, but would like to do a fun book someday.

5. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 12 years ago

I sneak up to hookers and tap them on the back and say, "Hey, how much for a, you know, something cool?" 

What they don't realize is that, while I was tapping them on the back, I was really taping a paper on their back that says, "Buy my book, it's awesome." I have  a link and a QR code to my book site on the sign too.  It's sort of like that old "kick me" sign joke from grade school but much more mature and focused on capitalistic principles.

I admit sometimes it gets awkward when they start listing the menu of services and, you know, stretching fabric to give me visual samples of menu wares, but, I always throw up a terrified look and run away after that. So, I'm golden.

I think selling science fiction and fantasy to pimps, johns and other whores is a solid marketing tactic. I mean, who else on earth needs a vision of a better world, right? Plus, everyone knows pimps have lots of money to spend.

6. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years ago

for some reason I found twitter, and facebook don't really do anything. The more I write and write people just find it through google search, or hubpages. I do write on others hubs, but I do play secondlife a lot too, where I go to a lot of open mic groups, writing groups, and just walking where ever I am, people find it on my proflie on their. But I realise not everyone is a gamer, and don't go on there. Just feel for myself there are to many opportunities meeting people on there.

I get few views through facebook but I haven't got even a single view from Twitter. Though I recently joined twitter and still trying to gain more followers.

7. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

promote

8. Hubpage Gal profile image56
    Hubpage Galposted 12 years ago

The social media of Facebook and Twitter are the optimal way to promote online written work.  Using hashtags (#) placed before keywords will garnish more internet traffic when using Twitter to promote work.  Get in the habit of communicating online using a popular URL of an article written on hubpages.  It is not considered spamming to leave the URL in the comment block of the website as long as the topic is relevant to the hubpage article.

Can you please explain what is a # tag?? I've seen such tags but I don't know for what purpose it is used as I'm new to twitter. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)