Why would a big patch of clover just pop up in my backyard?

It has been raining non-stop for a couple of weeks, but the sun finally came out this day. I noticed a big patch of clover taking over part of my backyard. Do you think it popped up due to so much rain? The grass is going dormant for the winter, but then the clover popped up. Thanks for answering.

bravewarrior profile image95

Best Answer Shauna L Bowling (bravewarrior) says

Faith Reaper 20 months ago

Wow, thanks so much, Sha! I figured it is a weed. Well, we have had too much rain and the grass is still green but starting to fade a bit, and then all of this popped up. I have no problem with it, as it is green, but just wondered why so much.

Sparklea profile image71

Sparklea says

Faith Reaper 20 months ago

Hi Dear Sparklea, you are always so enthusiastic in commenting/answering, and it is a joy when you are able to pop in! Oh, I'm sorry about your foot surgery, sweet friend. I pray for speedy recovery. Hugs