jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

how can i maintain my relationship

1. profile image47
    mark83posted 8 years ago

how can i maintain my relationship

2. Lady_E profile image78
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

Well, the most important element is Communication. Start from there....

3. HappyHer profile image54
    HappyHerposted 8 years ago

Always treat those you are in relationships with as if they are the most honored guest in your life.  Use good manners, pay attention to them and try to meet their needs in ways that are comfortable for you and truly enjoy the time you spend with them.  That's a solid start.

4. RVDaniels profile image76
    RVDanielsposted 8 years ago

Think about what your mate needs and be there for them. I am assuming that this isn't an abusive relationship. Your wife is the other half of you. You wouldn't put one side of your body in a secondary position so treat her like an equal. Find out what she's interested in and get involved in some of those activities. Talk to her and ask questions. Women are different than us guys. They really need input and feedback. abe honest with your feelings and ask her questions. If both of you are involved in each others lives your relationship will grow and prosper. Marriage is a LOT More than romance. Romance fades like an illusion, love lasts forever.

5. Doing my part profile image55
    Doing my partposted 8 years ago

You can maintain your relationship just by keeping your nose clean and being there.  You can really boost the quality of your relationship by learning to communicate effectively with your spouse.  The trick is to acknowledge this fact:  The average married couple spends less than 10 minutes a day engaged in stimulating conversation.  Most communication between spouses revolves around the same subjects on a daily basis.  These typical topics are money, work, schedules, children's school and schedules. 

Try to dream with your spouse.  If you don't know how to do that try simply offering what you'd like to be doing with your spouse 1 year from now.  This could be wind surfing in Hawaii, spelunking in the caves and grottos of Bermuda or parasailing in Key West.  Your challenge is to talk about something other than the normal and then of course be quiet and let your spouse voice his/her ideas.   

If you value this relationship and feel it is a forever thing then you need to treat it as such and engage your spouse or partner in thinking that conveys that you see yourself with this person for years to come.

working