jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why do people move to Florida

1. The Rope profile image55
    The Ropeposted 8 years ago

Why do people move to Florida

and then spend the rest of their lives telling everyone how they did they did things "back home".

2. thranax profile image53
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Well, to put is simple- Florida is seen as a paradise to many around the world. It just doesn't have the really high fees Hawaii does. I know the New England people here work there whole life just to go down there for the rest of there lives. The cost of living I think is also cheaper there, and Florida is said to have excellent golf courses.

~thranax~

3. The Rope profile image55
    The Ropeposted 8 years ago

thranax - you've got a very valid point but then why do they spend the retirement years lamenting how things aren't being done correctly and should be done like they were "back home"?  I'm a transplant as well but I knew I was moving into the Florida life - I didn't come to change the dynamics, I came because I liked the dynamics that were already in place.

4. myawn profile image60
    myawnposted 8 years ago

I love the beaches and sunshine. I grew up here but some of my of my friends are transplants. They don't put it down they love it here too.Most came to visit on vacation and then moved here they liked it so much.

5. movearoundus profile image54
    movearoundusposted 8 years ago

The climatic feelings, the scenarios, the cheap fooding and lodging are all really beautiful. After retirement, the place is like heaven, you can easily spent your life here with your family. The golf lovers are also very fond of Florida as there are lots of nice golf spots around the city......what else you need??

6. fdoleac profile image59
    fdoleacposted 6 years ago

Most of those relocating to Florida seek the warm weather for retirement and the tax advantages.

7. alexpino profile image38
    alexpinoposted 6 years ago

Not sure about them but I love it here. Have been in Florida my whole life.

working