what is the rate of accumulation of carbon monoxide from a gas oven? How long does it disapate...
indoors with an adjacent bathroom exhaust fan?
The rate of accumulation is not something that can be answered here; and although opening windows and doors will cause the accumulation to dissipate that doesn't mean the home is safe (as you know).
Your local fire department should be able to answers questions about carbon monoxide in your home. The potential danger with carbon monoxide is, of course, carbon monoxide poisoning.
With a gas oven, depending on the incident, another concern would be build up of natural gas. Your gas company can answer questions you have about any incidents, concerns, or potential build-up of natural gas. The potential danger with natural gas is explosion. If you believe natural gas is the problem don't do anything that would/could cause a spark.
With either problem, it's possible the incident was minor enough that experts can assure you there's not much reason for concern, but it's important to ask, just in case there's reason to have the home checked.
Essentially, you're going to take how large the container is, i.e. your house or kitchen or even the lethal amount of carbon monoxide, factor how much the oven puts out, and estimate the outflow of air that is coming in. You want the flow out to be equal or greater to the amount coming in, so that the buildup never approaches the lethal level. Assuming the carbon monoxide is evenly dispersed.
I'd advise to open a few windows to create and maximize a cross-current.
by enchantedeye77 8 years ago
everytime I smoke I get a migraine headache. I was exsposed to carbon monoxide poisoning 3 years...ago and ever since then when I smoke i get around the clock migraines 24/7. Every check on my head has been negative. I want to quit, will this help the headaches? Please help me, in so much pain
by Lady MJ 7 years ago
If someone got carbon monoxide poisoning at work, who is responsible?If the company was leasing the space would it be the obligation of the company, the building owner or the gas company to reimburse?
by thoufic 10 years ago
i)Human beings inhell the OXYGEN and releases the CARBON DIOXIDE .ii)IN AIR lot of gases are available for example nitrogen oxygen, carbon dioxide,carbon monoxideiii)The vehicles are releasing carbon mono oxidethis carbon mono oxide very dangerous for breathing
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|