jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If someone got carbon monoxide poisoning at work, who is responsible?

  1. Lady MJ profile image78
    Lady MJposted 7 years ago

    If someone got carbon monoxide poisoning at work, who is responsible?

    If the company was leasing the space would it be the obligation of the company, the building owner or the gas company to reimburse?

  2. Paul Kohler profile image60
    Paul Kohlerposted 7 years ago

    I believe it all depends on the factors involved, it it was a result of poor or no maintenence it would be the building owner. If it was from equipment or lack of adequate ventilation it would be the company's responsibility. If it was because the employee was doing something they shouldn't it wouldn't be either ones fault as long as the employee was properly trained in safety procedures.

  3. MPhoenixonline profile image57
    MPhoenixonlineposted 7 years ago

    it would be the building owner's responsibility.

  4. truthfornow profile image84
    truthfornowposted 7 years ago

    The owner of the building is responsible and their insurance would pay.  However, the owner probably can get reimbursed by the gas company if the gas company turns out to have been at fault.

 
working