I have a friend that has never used her rival crock pot (can you believe it) and

1. profile image49
    shadowphury42posted 7 years ago

I have a friend that has never used her rival crock pot (can you believe it) and she needs...

assistance on how to use it?

2. Springboard profile image82
    Springboardposted 7 years ago

There are probably a multitude of  slow cooker recipes all over the Internet. But really, a slow cooker (or crock pot) is fairly simple to use. One of the easiest things to do is simply toss in a hunk of meat. Whatever you desire. A beef pot roast, or a whole chicken, for example. For chicken you just season it like you normally would and toss it in. Put it on low if you want it to cook for about 6 hours or more (say, if you turned it on before you left for work to have a cooked meal when you get home), or set it to high if you want it faster, say 3 or 4 hours. For the beef pot roast I usually like to add just a little bit of liquid. Not much. A few tablespoons. My favorite thing is to add wine.

That's the basic stuff. Fantastic kitchen appliance to be sure.

3. DonnaWallace profile image75
    DonnaWallaceposted 7 years ago

The crock pot is the best tool ever! Using it is very simple; you just need to know a few things:

1. Add enough water to cover the meat. This way, the water won't run out when you are out of the house.

2. Plan to use the slow cooker for about 8 hours on low, or about 5 hours on high.

3. Use crockpot liners for easy clean up.

I hope this helps!

working