jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How do you decorate on a budget?

1. AEvans profile image80
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

How do you decorate on a budget?

2. profile image47
    carolina93posted 7 years ago

Do you have a Kirkland's near?  They have beautiful home decor and they are very moderately priced...they also have a website, if you're interested.

3. Jennifer M profile image57
    Jennifer Mposted 7 years ago

inexpensively feathered%3A your way is the right way, http://hubpages.com/t/176317   smile

4. Pro Design Source profile image62
    Pro Design Sourceposted 7 years ago

Use what you have and invest more time than money into your decorating. Many things can be found cheaply at flea markets, antique shops, and discount stores. Use your time to transform them into special finds. Shopping for great deals can get you far in decorating, but it can take a lot of time.

1. DragonflyTreasure profile image74
      DragonflyTreasureposted 5 years agoin reply to this

5. Wandah profile image79
    Wandahposted 7 years ago

First you have to define budget. Decide how much you plan to spend, how much you can afford to spend. Most of us think we need to go out and buy new things, but that isn't necessarily true.  There are numerous things we can do like repainting furniture we already own, sometimes we have things tucked away in an attic or storage unit we have forgotten about that just might work in our space we wish to redo. Also recovering or reupholstering a chair or sofa saves lots of money in lieu of buying new. Also moving things around like accessories and trying them in different areas and in different ways can make a big impact and cost zero. Just get creative, think outside the box you might say. I recently wanted to change the look in one of our quest bedrooms, I used 2 bedside lamps I already owned and I bought some ribbon and completely recovered the shades, then I bought some faux crystals from a craft store , they were three dollars per pack, I bought two packs and for less then eight bucks with the ribbon and the faux crystals I was able to transform my shades and pulled the room together, but changing it too for a better and updated look. I hope this gives you some ideas as to how to decorate even when you have to be frugal.