jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If you hold your farts for long enough, could you cause harm to you intestines?

1. ryancarter profile image59
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

If you hold your farts for long enough, could you cause harm to you intestines?

Or would it just seep out gradually?

2. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 7 years ago

ROFLMAO!!! Oh, you just made a fan! That's priceless!

3. ryancarter profile image59
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

Glad I could be of service.... but really, I've been holding them for 3 days.  I think I'm about to float away

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I can't imagine why anyone would want to hold on to them, I think continuing to do so wouldn't damage your intestines but would probably be detrimental to your blood pressure.  Further to your other bit, I doubt that you will float away, if my memory serves me well, the gas is heavier than air, of course, you could let it go and light it:-)

5. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Nature will eventually find a way out.  Here's a medical question I don't have an answer to:  Could they back up the other way and cause really bad breath?  :-)

Now, if you light them, make sure you have on underwear, otherwise you might singe your hair. 

I am also reminded of the hot tub scene in "Austin Powers" with Austin and Lotta Fagina...  Though he didn't light them.

6. puebloman profile image61
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

Yes you should definitely fart and shit when the sensation moves you. My Aunty Lil used to say "Where ere you be, let your wind go free". I have always followed that advice.

working