jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What you love most about construction?

1. gmmurgirl profile image82
    gmmurgirlposted 7 years ago

What you love most about construction?

2. profile image0
    Yarightposted 7 years ago

I like seeing what architects spend months, and even years designing. They put a lot of hard work and thought into what they do. The thing I like the most is the end result.

3. awoodog profile image56
    awoodogposted 7 years ago

I loved making something from nothing. I used to build log homes, every log was different and added so much character. To look at a blueprint and see a two dimentional idea come to life was simply amazing. I put a little bit of me into every home I built.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I do not love construction work, but I'd take some construction work right now if I had some.  I'd pull wire into new houses, prep all the plugs, hand ceiling fans, lights, install the condenser, and help with the evaporator/air handler.  I can paint.  I can do anything, but I don't love construction.

5. MrKnowledge profile image60
    MrKnowledgeposted 7 years ago

My favorite thing about construction was getting to watch my own progress.

Working in computers, I do some pretty impressive feats, such as re-provisioning a server and getting it back up and running in a day, but when you build something from nothing, using your bare hands to make something from nothing. I definitely must say the BEST thing about it, is at the end of the day, I can bring someone there, and say, look at what I did.