Who can I hire to diagnose the cause of water damage?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)
  1. Rabid Puma profile image60
    Rabid Pumaposted 8 years ago

    Who can I hire to diagnose the cause of water damage?

    I've had recurring water damage along the edge of my house and I don't know why. Frequently when the weather is cold (but not necessarily when it rains or snows) the ceiling along the edge of my house gets dripping wet. I've made sure my gutters are clear, I've replaced the roof, and I've made sure that vent pipes that go out the roof are adequately caulked. Nothing seems to help. I tried calling a water damage place, but they only do repairs, not diagnosis.

    I don't think it's ice dams because it happens even when the roof is perfectly dry. Any advice would be appreciated.

  2. vietnamvet68 profile image60
    vietnamvet68posted 8 years ago

    I would call a contractor and tell him the problem and that you would like an estamate that way you will know whats causing the problems without any cost.

  3. SEOWizKid profile image60
    SEOWizKidposted 8 years ago

    Hi Rabid, if you need to get a water damage remediation problem fixed than it would be best to contact a water damage removal professional and always feel free to check out http://www.waterdamagelocal.com/water-d … guide.html - It's a complete guide to helping you overcome any water damage disaster you may ever have!

  4. roofingwiz profile image61
    roofingwizposted 8 years ago

    Sounds like a water condensation problem, I would call the insulation professionals who have the necessary equipment to analyze and diagnose insulation problems in your attic space. You might also want to make sure that you have an adequate attic ventilation system in place. For instance, having soffit vents, and ridge vent is great. But, if you do not have those, then have gable and roof vents installed.

    Also make sure your soffit vents, if you have them are not blocked! And if you do have the soffit vents, be sure that you also have the ridge vent installed with your new roof.

    Good luck,



This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)