jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can you sleep if there are unsolved issues on your mind?

1. EinsFloW profile image64
    EinsFloWposted 7 years ago

Can you sleep if there are unsolved issues on your mind?

2. LinkSource profile image39
    LinkSourceposted 7 years ago

I would say that it is extremely difficult to sleep with things on your mind. But, if your wondering about insomnia, or want to know more about why you cannot sleep because of insomnia, I'm sure there is a hub about it somewhere on this wonderful site.

If you're unable to fall asleep with stuff on your mind I would recommend yoga, mental exercises, or some controlled breathing stretches to lower your heart rate and get your blood pressure down. Also, you can sleep much better if you slow down your metabolism with some antacids or tums which will make you more sleepy. I would also recommend combining that with some hot licorice tea!

3. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 7 years ago

Personally, no.  I find it very hard to fall asleep if I'm upset over something.  However, I know others who could sleep and just wake up in the morning to correct it all!

4. FloBe profile image81
    FloBeposted 7 years ago

It depends on what the issue is. Some issues I like to sleep on because often my mind will work out a solution while I sleep. When I'm working on a project and I run into a dead-end, I will sleep on it and rest so I can see it with fresh eyes in the morning. It works well and keeps me from making a mistake.
    Relational conflict is one thing I can't leave unresolved and expect to sleep well. There might not be a chance to resolve it quickly but I will definitely sleep better once it is.

5. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Not well....there are few things that keep me from my sleep.  Anger, at my hubby, my children.....anyone.......costs me my rest.

I can sleep with disappoiment, loss, misunderstanding, on the ground, with rocks as my pillow.  I can fight heat, cold, mosquitoes, frogs, birds calling to one another, freight trains, rain, wind , storms............. but not beside anger. 

Anger keeps me from my sleep.

I often pay the price.....tomorrow.

6. Karen Wodke profile image63
    Karen Wodkeposted 7 years ago

It depends on what the issue is, but generally it's difficult to relax and rest with a troubled mind. However, sometimes the only thing you can do at the time is put off your worry until tomorrow. In fact, I even wrote a song about it. The next day after plenty of rest, the mind will be clearer and better able to tackle the problem.