jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you do when you can't sleep?

1. NessaMetharam profile image60
    NessaMetharamposted 6 years ago

What do you do when you can't sleep?

It's 1 am and I honestly can't sleep right now. My tummy was hungry so I had to go and take food from the ref. So what do you do when you can't sleep?

2. missolive profile image95
    missoliveposted 6 years ago

I'm an insomniac. If I really need to sleep I drink milk and maybe even ONE motrin PM. If not then I grab my laptop smile

By the way, I wrote a hub on tart cherry juice - it is really good for balancing your sleep cycles....just sayin' smile

3. profile image0
    MimiPRGameFreakposted 6 years ago

If I can't sleep, I mostly grab a book and read until I finally get sleepy. I would get on the computer or play video games, but then it will be more harder for me to get to sleep. So I read instead and listen to soft music on my iPod.

4. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Years ago I started making up mind games to switch off my over active mind.

So I tend to do games such as '50's' - this could be anything - think of fifty movies you've seen. Fifty actors, pop groups etc. For me, I usually don't get past thirty and I fall asleep. On bad nights I may go through a 50 favourite 'something' and go onto another, but I just keep going and you do fall asleep. But the trick is to keep it not too interesting. You don't want to stimulate your mind too much. You can also make the game as hard or as easy as you like.

I think this works - for me at any rate - maybe because you are switching your mind off to everything and focusing on one thing, so this tends to relax you more.

5. kaydenlee profile image57
    kaydenleeposted 6 years ago

I spend lots of nights tossing and turning, but I have found that if I stick to my schedule, read a bit, I sleep much better.

6. HERBERT ubaldo profile image59
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

drink plenty of water, exercise and massage yourself

7. OutsideTheLines profile image61
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

If I find out I'll let you know. I generally sleep for 2-3 hours a night due to insomnia. The only thing that I've found that helps is throwing on some Netflix and reading something boring like company emails.

8. oopsydoopsygirl profile image59
    oopsydoopsygirlposted 6 years ago

I turn on the TV and make myself keep my eyes closed and picture what is going on, who is talking and what they look like. It always makes me sleep. (just set the timer on the TV, so it doesn't wake you up later.)