jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Toilet seat up or down?

1. bellawritter23 profile image77
    bellawritter23posted 7 years ago

Toilet seat up or down?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4229956_f260.jpg

2. Doc Snow profile image96
    Doc Snowposted 7 years ago

We dodge the question by keeping the lid down, too.

3. profile image0
    Yarightposted 7 years ago

For a man it is common courtesy to put the lid back down on the toilet. I think that picture is hilarious by the way!

Frat houses don't need to worry about this problem!

4. Donna Janelle profile image73
    Donna Janelleposted 7 years ago

Down!! At our house we always close the lid before we flush anyhow, because I heard that particles and germs can spray up to six feet out of the toilet. Pretty disgusting.

5. j.amie profile image60
    j.amieposted 7 years ago

My man is so good about putting the seat down - 99% of the time. I've never had to ask, he just does it.  When he accidentally leaves it up, it actually makes me smile. It's a comforting sign that there's a man in the house.

6. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

Down at night, anway -- I sat in an open toilet late one night when both part sof the lid were up. Not fun to clean up at 2 AM.

7. Smaridge01 profile image76
    Smaridge01posted 7 years ago

Everything down all the time... seat and lid both.  Just simpler and more logical that way.  Cats don't fall in, kids don't throw stuff in, I don't drop things in, and nobody has any nasty surprises in the middle of the night.

Oh, and if you have a dog, you don't have to hear that very alarming sound of the dog drinking out of the bowl!  UGH.

8. profile image50
    js1posted 7 years ago

Always leave it down when finished with the restroom.  Do you leave the lid off the trash can?  No.  You always close the toilet.  It has a lid therefore when not in use the lid should be shut.  Why else does it have a lid?  It was designed to be shut.  Not to mention that it is not sanitary to have it open.  Like I said - if it has a lid - then shut the lid when not in use.
    Name one other thing people leave open?  Car door?  Refrigerator? Peanut Butter? Toothpaste?  No.  Then why the toilet unless you are lazy & unsanitary?

9. ArefinShams profile image56
    ArefinShamsposted 7 years ago

Of course seat up, I can not imagine a down toilet even.....

Closed to reply

working