jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever planted a tree?

1. aslanlight profile image71
    aslanlightposted 7 years ago

Have you ever planted a tree?

I used to have a job planting indigenous trees in Scotland. I recently planted an apple tree in my garden and I'm going to plant some more, space allowing. Trees help to keep our environment clean, so have you ever planted one or are you considering it?

2. Smaridge01 profile image76
    Smaridge01posted 7 years ago

I have planted lots of trees in the various gardens of the homes I lived in. Sweet Gum, Crab Apple, Crepe Myrtle, Pine trees, Oak trees and so on.  My next tree planting project will be some sort of deciduous tree in my current front yard, so I will have shade in the summer while letting the sun shine through in the winter.

I also really like planting shrubs, vines and bulbs, not to mention herbs too!

3. aslanlight profile image71
    aslanlightposted 7 years ago

I've got plans to plant lots of berry bushes. Berries are so healthy!

4. SavannahEve profile image83
    SavannahEveposted 7 years ago

I have.  I love the feeling. I have actually planted about 11 trees.  We get a live one for Christmas every year and then ask the neighborhood who wants it planted.

5. guzie profile image61
    guzieposted 7 years ago

In the thousands...Yup best hard work I've ever done.  Evergreens, drought tolerant, water hogging, fast and slow growing trees. 

I always take a second look at the trees I've planted near and around my city. 

Some will be there long after I am gone.

6. jetta17 profile image60
    jetta17posted 7 years ago

When I was 9, my brother and I planted a tiny 6" blue spruce sapling in our parents front yard. 12 Years later, the tree is about 8 feet tall and almost just as wide. It's been amazing to see the progress. I am currently growing an indoor mini grapefruit tree.

7. garyluther profile image39
    garylutherposted 4 years ago

Yes, I planted a tree in my school days a special program for tree planting with the help of Instant Shade Inc..