Did you ever planted a Tree ? Im curious to know

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image0
    dxnworksposted 11 years ago

Friends, Today is World Enviornmental Day,
    How many of you here ever planted a tree, with a reason or not.
    If yes, i will happy to know approximately how many you planted.

1. Ciel Clark profile image72
      Ciel Clarkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I have planted many trees!  Fruit, nut, and flowering trees around houses where I've lived.  My house now has pear, apple, weeping willow, and various types of pine and maple.  When I was younger I would sometimes work with my dad who was a real tree planter.  He did a lot of reforestation work in Northern California.  At that age, I was not as handy with a pick ax, and could probably plant one tree to his five.  (maybe more like to his ten:)
      The reason...  planting trees makes sense.  We all use wood-based products, and we want the animals to have a place to live, so we should plan for this. 
      I am guessing I have personally planted over a hundred/less than two hundred trees.  My father though--  he has planted many.  Thanks Dad!

1. profile image0
        dxnworksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great CielClark, to hear a real sensible balancing approach. Nice to read your comments that you were living around so nice useful trees and you must be realy enjoyed to have fruits from the plants to grown in home. We had a great passion to plant trees on the road sides as long as possible. We take the plants from huge gardens by paying small amount to watchmen and did this for so many years and so happy to remember those green days in our life...nice to see your interest and care for our earth..regards.
        http://x.hubpages.com/x/hubpages_120-60.gif

1. Ciel Clark profile image72
          Ciel Clarkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great question dxnworks.  My dad came over tonight (Father's day) and I asked him how many he planted .  I guessed a few thousand.  He told me about 50,000!  He worked with a crew summers replanting clear-cut mountains in N California.  He said he doesn't feel guilty about buying a paper newspaper.  (He also told me the tool is not a pick ax but a grub hoe).

2. classicalgeek profile image83
    classicalgeekposted 11 years ago

I've planted dozens. My parents' current house has seven different kinds of oaks, a pecan tree, and a viburnum that is soaring over the rooftop so I guess it now qualifies as a tree, too! They also have crepe myrtles, some kind of wild pear that used to have edible pears grafted on to it but the grafted part died, and other goodies. In my old house I planted a dawn redwood, sycamores, and probably something else. Now I live in an apartment and am surrounded by many beautiful old live oaks.

1. profile image0

Hi Classicalgeek, you have drawn a nice sceenary on my imagination. Your home should have nice look. Hope one day you could post these nice photos for all of us. Always trees are valuble to sustain the life on earth. And we see around us the cause if its not proctect with highest priority. regards.

3. Don Bobbitt profile image84
    Don Bobbittposted 11 years ago

We started a tradition of our own over twenty years ago. Whenever we have death in the family whether close or a cousin, we plant a bush or tree in our yard, or we give a tree or bush to the family. We tell everyone that we will no longer give or consider dead flowers. Now, looking back we can walk around our property and see the beauty of living memorials to people and have great memories of them, each time.

4. CR Rookwood profile image71
    CR Rookwoodposted 11 years ago

I planted two apple trees and two pear trees on our property and dozens of trees for other folks when I was in the landscaping business. I want to plant more trees here, but right now I'm knee deep in clean up projects...

5. profile image0
    dxnworksposted 11 years ago

Hi CR Rookwood, thats looks interesting, if you still have the feel for the nature trees and plants, keep up the good work.

6. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 11 years ago

Yes, I have. I have planted jackfruit, coconut, bananas, avocado and many other tropical fruit trees in the Philippines which names I don´t know in english language.

1. profile image0

Hi Thelma, its great to know your interest for trees and love of nature. Thanks for your time to write on my topic, regards, im following for know on..tkcare.

7. JKenny profile image89
    JKennyposted 11 years ago

Yep, I've planted quite a few trees from both cuttings and seed. I've mostly planted trees native to the British Isles to give my garden a more natural look, and its working. It's a long term project that started when I was a kid. I now have oaks, hazels, hawthorn, wild cherry and elder growing naturally in my garden.

1. profile image0

Thats great to hear, that you had a dream as a kid and that was too for a great good cause and care to the nature. i love that..thanks for posting these details. Definetly all this will creat at least a small awareness among the people who see words and our love for the nature. tkcare.

8. Tusitala Tom profile image66
    Tusitala Tomposted 11 years ago

Like others who have answered your question, I have planted more than one tree.  I can recall buying trees from a plant nursury for less than a dollar and thirty years later having to have them professionally removed for thousands of dollars.   That little gum tree near the house in the front garden, just fifteen inches long when it went in the ground, and sixty feet tall when it had to come out.

We need to bear in mind when we plant anything - including an idea - that it can grow and grow and grow.  So be careful what you plant.  It might become quite troublesome to remove it.

9. Bedbugabscond profile image93
    Bedbugabscondposted 11 years ago

I used to volunteer for a group who planted trees. It was a lot of fun, unfortunately the group sort of dissolved and I haven't found anything like it recently.

10. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

Thousands of trees I've planted when we reforested some fields not much good for planting crops in.  We have several pine forests we keep thinned and replanted as needed.  I'm not even going to estimate how many fruit, nut, and ornamental trees I've planted in my lifetime on my farm. smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. Paul Kuehn profile image94
      Paul Kuehnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When I was younger I planted a lot of young little trees ranging from firs to magnolias.  The hardest time was digging up the earth when it was very dry.  I'll always remember the firs I planted at the side of a long driveway.  It took a long time making the hole deep and wide enough for the tree to fit in along with compost and dirt.  Then after planting, you had to pay attention to watering the tree enough.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)