jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would you be comfortable buying a house without a home inspection?

1. nformation profile image60
    nformationposted 6 years ago

Would you be comfortable buying a house without a home inspection?

2. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, never.  There are too many things that can be hidden when we purchase a home and a good inspection can save a lot of grief.  Further, when one reads the inspection, if you don't think the inspector dug deep enough, call them on it, and have them go back and look at everything from attic to basement and all in between.

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

absolutely. home inspectors aren't all they are cracked up to be and i wish people would realise this. there are a few good ones but on average they are just someone who took a course and got the title. a good contractor could tell you more then almost all the inspectors and it would be beneficial because they could also tell you how much any repairs would cost at the same time. i'm in the contracting business so i know this for a fact not because i have a gripe or anything.

4. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

No! I would definitely get a home inspection.  If there were any things that looked a bit doubtful I would probably then get the appropriate type of contractor to take a look too.  The money spent on all that is small compared to the cost of the actual house, so it is definitely worth it to do it.

working