jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What city should I move to in New York?

1. ToraMyuu profile image62
    ToraMyuuposted 6 years ago

What city should I move to in New York?

I'm looking to move to New York soon, but I'm having trouble choosing a city. Do you know a good website to go to that would help me decide?

2. Lady In NC profile image38
    Lady In NCposted 6 years ago

http://nymag.com/realestate/neighborhoods/2010/65374/

This site should give ya the information you desire . .. Homes , rentals , Parks , Nrighborhood information , crime rates etc . I hope I have helped ya . Good luck with your move and best wishes for a nice happy place

3. Ken Barton profile image57
    Ken Bartonposted 6 years ago

Have you thought this through good?  I live in Jamestown, NY, so I can speak from experience when I tell you we're the highest taxed state in the country except for maybe California. The only thing we have going for us so far is we don't (normally) get hundreds of tornado's, hurricanes, or earthquakes.  We ought to advertise NY as the state without "Total Devastation" PTL

As cities go in NY, the one that's the best to live in would be Rochester.  There's usually work to be found up there.  Westfield, NY is right near Lake Erie and boost the lowest Property Taxes in the state.  It's small, but also centrally located between Buffalo, NY and Erie, Pa.  My wife and I love going up there just to walk the Lake Erie beach down to Barcelona Harbor where we look for 'Beach Glass'

Westfield has that a lot of old Culture to it and is a great place for Artist & Writer's to live.

I hope my answer has helped you decide where's the best city in NY to live in.  Have a great day!

4. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Try "what's my spot" if looking to move to any city. I would move to VT instead - but that's just me. I would go where ever I already have a job set up already. If retired then go to the cheapest state - Arizona!

5. nycgrl profile image59
    nycgrlposted 6 years ago

When you say New York do you mean the entire state or New York City (Manhattan and its boroughs)? Because the question could have entirely different meanings being the case.  Not too familiar with New York state itself.  My recommendation is if you are not going to be living in Manhattan or the boroughs themselves then I would choose a city in upstate New York that has accessible public transportation to Manhattan.  If you will be job hunting a lot of the jobs you might apply to will be based there and trust me you don't want to drive to Manhattan.  If considering one of the boroughs, parts of Queens and Brooklyn are very nice.  I would do a lot of research on the web and try to talk to people who live in the towns/cities you are considering.  Good luck!

working