jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

If you had to live in one or the other, would you prefer to live in New York Cit

1. nanderson500 profile image87
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

If you had to live in one or the other, would you prefer to live in New York City or Los Angeles?

And why?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image93
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I've been to New York several times and loved it, but I haven't been to LA. My only problem with NY would be that it gets very cold there in the winter - I'm saying this even though I live in Western NY. So, on the basis that I hate to wear shoes, I would have to pick LA. They don't care much there if I'm crazy. I'll probably fit right in.

3. Shushanik profile image91
    Shushanikposted 5 years ago

Both of hem have pros and cons, but I think I would prefer LA over NYC... I don't like NYC - too dirty, stressful, dark... super cold in winter... LA has traffic issues, but at least people there are nicer, city itself is brighter and winters are warm.

4. profile image0
    Domenick Dicceposted 5 years ago

As an actor I have lived in Los Angeles and New York. For me, it is LA all the way. I enjoy the diverse geography, spacing, and weather of LA. New York was to packed together for my taste.

New York does have better restaurants.

5. benisan85745 profile image60
    benisan85745posted 5 years ago

In reality, it doesn't matter to me. I have lived both coast and each offers something different. Your question is as difficult to answer as saying which island in Hawaii is the best. It all depends on what you want to experience. However, Ms. Georgie is right, it is extremely cold in the East, very cold.

6. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I would prefer to stay in Los Angeles, my native city.  I find NYC very exciting!  If I could afford a spacious apt., it might be nice ti live there since the city has great public transit and most everything a few blocks away; however, LA has better weather as well as the beach, mountains, and desert all within a couple hours' drive for a variety of recreations.

7. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I'm from LA so know it pretty well, so would like to try NYC if those are my only two choices.

8. samnashy profile image80
    samnashyposted 5 years ago

I've never been to New York, but lived in other cities.  NY would definitely be my first choice.

9. TToombs08 profile image74
    TToombs08posted 5 years ago

I'd have to pick Los Angeles over New York. I hate snow and cold and NY just seems dark, depressing and inescapable, whereas LA has the beach, you can pack a lunch and escape for a bit. And then there's the surfing, sunshine, and lack of snow. smile

10. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I'm a country girl now. I have lived in LA, I've never been to NYC, but always wanted to go. I hear it's very expensive to live there, but if I could afford it, I would try it for a while. I've been to upstate New York, and it's very beautiful, and rural. It surprised me how rustic it was, so close to that big city. It seems like LA is spread out all over the place.

11. Efficient Admin profile image92
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

I have never been to LA but hear it's sunny, and the people are friendlier so I would have to pick LA.  This is only if certain criteria were met i.e. high enough salary that I  could afford to live closer to work so I would not have to deal with the infamous 3-hour commutes every day.

working