jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Wood or Stone?

1. Enelle Lamb profile image85
    Enelle Lambposted 6 years ago

Wood or Stone?

Our backyard has enough room for both a small patio and a deck - would you use all stone for both, or use wood/composite for the deck?

2. ii3rittles profile image81
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

Decks made out of wood tend to be easier to clean and take care of. They also aren't as dangerous if you get cold weather or a lot of rain! I would do the Deck (upper level) out of would and for the base (the sides and stairs) out of stone. It gives a nice clean finish and critters can't live under it!

3. buggz1521 profile image54
    buggz1521posted 6 years ago

I would go  for the wood deck, well they are much more easier to clean plus every time you do wood staining they would always look good as new.

4. HSanAlim profile image65
    HSanAlimposted 6 years ago

It depends on where you live, the average humidity in your area whether or not stone or wood is best.

For real wood the best outdoor usage wood, that lasts up to 80 years and sometimes longer, is real Tectonis Grandis Teak. It cost more but is well worth it if you can afford it.

This goes for outdoor furniture as well. Teak Outdoor furniture is much better than any alternative to date. The only non teak outdoor furniture I would ever use is Poly-Wood and that is because it is made from recycled plastic and actually looks like wood. It is too new a product to see how it holds up and looks, and how it is to maintain over time. For now, for me real teak is the right choice for flooring, decking and outdoor furniture.

5. myvelvetworld profile image56
    myvelvetworldposted 6 years ago

I think wood will be great for that It will be cozy.

working