jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When do you turn your heat on in the house?

1. wellspoken profile image60
    wellspokenposted 6 years ago

When do you turn your heat on in the house?

Is this something you stick to every year? What temperature do you run your heat on for most of the winter?

2. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 6 years ago

I turn on the heat when the house gets a damp or cold feeling. It does not matter the time of year, if it is wet and cold on a spring or fall day, I'll turn on the heat just to get rid of that  uncomfortable feeling. On the west coast, I leave the heat at about 70 degrees all winter.

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I turn it on when it gets cold enough -- i.e. when it frosts. This time of year we'll turn it on in the mornings to knock the chill off because it's down in the 30s or below at night, but it's still getting up to 70+ during the day. We leave it at 65 all winter.

4. JEDIJESSICUH profile image79
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

We turn the heat on when we're cold or if we've just come home from being outside in the snow all day. Otherwise we usually leave it at 71 at night so once it dips below seventy it'll kick on. During the day it just depends on how cold the apartment is.

5. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

When I get cold.

Honestly, I can not tell the difference between 100 or 110.

Eighty degrees feels very comfortable, 60 is cool, 50 is chilly.

By the time it hits 40, I am cool, at 30 , it is cold........but I can't tell you the
    difference between 30 and 20.

I am married to a " weather watcher".........but I only know if I am hot, comfortable or cold.   Everything else, is unnoticed.

The bedroom fan runs year round, I am just accustomed to its noise.  Once, I do turn on the AC or the Heater, it is  hard to turn it off again, so I do intentionally delay either.

It is easier for me to deal with cold, than with extreme heat, which just "zaps" my energy.

working