jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever used Gorilla Glue?

1. VeronicaFarkas profile image84
    VeronicaFarkasposted 6 years ago

Have you ever used Gorilla Glue?

Does it actually work?

2. Nick82 profile image60
    Nick82posted 6 years ago

Yes and yeah it works. expansion through the curing process can be a bit messy and damaging. For fine wood working and porcelines other glues may fit the purpose though.

3. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

Countless times; assuming you are referring to the contact cement we used to call Gorilla snot.
    It is really good so long as it is applied correctly, incredibly strong, completely water proof.
    Whether it is the right tool for the job will depend on what you are gluing.

4. profile image0
    no mac saladposted 6 years ago

Yes, I have used it many times and I sold it in a retail hardware store. It's a polyurethane adhesive that works with water (a moist surface on one of the two joining pieces). It will foam up to fill small voids and the bond is very strong and permanent. Clamping may be needed. Gorilla Glue makes different types glues. One is a PVA wood glue that should be used only on wood. Another is a cyanoacrylate type like Super Glue and the other is a two part epoxy. All of their products work very well.

5. CWanamaker profile image99
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

I agree that it works pretty good for most projects. I have had some issues with the glue expanding too much though.

6. Peter Leeper profile image81
    Peter Leeperposted 6 years ago

I have used gorilla glue and it is a good adhesive.  Be careful though the quantity you use because it can be quite visible.  I tried using it to fix a broken peice of redware I own and it looked horrible.

7. busywoman profile image58
    busywomanposted 6 years ago

Depending on what you are glueing it sure does work!

working