jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you scrub your house before your party even though it get's trashed after any

1. rutley profile image76
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Do you scrub your house before your party even though it get's trashed after anyway?

2. KellyPittman profile image81
    KellyPittmanposted 6 years ago

Yes I do.  Except I learned not to over do it when having a child's birthday party.  Especially if there is going to be a lot of "in and out".  They are going to track dirt so I may sweep a little before the party, but won't break my back anymore because it only takes 10 minutes and two or three kids to dirty up the floors.  I'll save my energy for the taks of cleaning up AFTER the party.

3. mljdgulley354 profile image61
    mljdgulley354posted 6 years ago

Yes I do even though my husband keeps telling me to save my energy it is going to just get messed up. I guess I look at cleaning your house before a party like making your bed. My kids used to ask me why they had to make their bed when they were just going to mess it up in a few hours.

4. Escobana profile image77
    Escobanaposted 6 years ago

Absolutely! I love cleaning, I love inviting my friends over for a party and I love for them to be in a clean apartment.

Whatever they spill they always help me out, taking the trash outside having had a super fun and relaxed evening.

When I wake up the next morning, my darling boyfriend has washed all the dishes so I only have to clean the floor. Like I said. I don't mind cleaning and I have a lovely boyfriend who does his part too. (sigh)

5. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Yes. My house needs to be scrubbed before people come over. I get extremely nervous when people come over and go on a cleaning spree. It only takes 4 hours to clean the entire two bedroom house because I'm quick and enjoy cleaning.

6. Pinkchic18 profile image75
    Pinkchic18posted 6 years ago

I always clean the house like we're trying to sell it when we are having company over. It always ends up being a mess but I guess at least people saw it clean at one point!

7. BlossomSB profile image91
    BlossomSBposted 6 years ago

No way! Why clean it twice? If it's neat and tidy, it gets a 'lick and a promise' before the party and a proper clean afterwards, especially if there are children. Most of my friends are happy to meet each other and are too busy enjoying themselves so they don't really notice any minor defects unless they're really picky and that's their problem.

8. jeanniedoe profile image56
    jeanniedoeposted 6 years ago

Yes, I will. It is important to maintain the cleanliness of the house whether there is a party or not. Cleanliness shows your personality and it let other people know how you take good care of your house.

9. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

I like a neat, uncluttered environment especially when the area is small. I don't overdo it, but cleanliness of the kitchen and bathrooms is a must +fresh towels. I also like the beds made, trash emptied, floors swept and rugs /carpets vacuumed. I like fresh flowers and sparkling glassware. Too pristine is uninviting.

10. tirelesstraveler profile image82
    tirelesstravelerposted 6 years ago

Yes, I scrub before a party. When the house is scrubbed and cleaned before a party it is much easier to clean afterward.

11. Cassie Ann profile image60
    Cassie Annposted 6 years ago

Yes I do. My home is usually tidy so it is not that big of a deal. After the party, the clean up is minimal. I love the way a clean and uncluttered house feels although I have certain closets that are cluttered and need a going through!!

12. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

Of course.  I would not ever want people I care about to enter a messy and/or dirty environment, to relax and enjoy themselves.  Let's show our friends they are worth a bit of work and preparation for their visit!  If they mess it, so be it.  When you host a party, this can be expected.

working