What is the best way to go about apartment hunting for someone who has never don

1. Skylar Spring profile image75
    Skylar Springposted 5 years ago

What is the best way to go about apartment hunting for someone who has never done it before?

I'm looking for in depth answer. Tips, advice, anything that can help a first time apartment hunter find an affordable apartment.

2. shidhincr profile image59
    shidhincrposted 5 years ago

See this hub for using google to find the apartments easily

http://shidhincr.hubpages.com/hub/Immed … ing-Google

3. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I think that asking them what is important to them, what they want and don't want will shed light on the direction you need to go. Think about what you like to do when you're at home and think about those around you. It would not be fair to move into an apt bldg and begin having parties or practicing music when all was quiet for months or years prior to your arrival. If any of these things appeal to you, try searching for a single family home to rent.

Also, I must beg you to read my hubs about this to spare yourself serious misery as I have had 2 instances of bad neighbors. Looking for an affordable/cheap apartment often brings headaches in and of itself. The more reasonable or the lower the price, the more likely you will be surrounded by people that you might not feel safe with or who may actually be criminals or drug users. Even seemingly boring middle class neighborhoods can be found to take on a totally different aura after dark. Ask yourself if you'd feel comfortable in that neighborhood.

Drive through several times at different times of day or night to see what types of neighbors you will be surrounded by. Call the local police station and ask about the neighborhood. Knock on doors if your home or apt is attached to any other person's apt or home. Not doing this could be a critical mistake that you will be reminded of monthly when writing the rent check or even daily through your neighbor's nonsense.